GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR S2 Golf R vs Uni S2 GTI

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Got some stuff lined up this weekend...vids will be posted Sunday. The one I'm looking forward to is the Golf R.

MK7 Golf R
APR S2 ECU/TCU
APR Intake
APR DP
Milltek exhaust

My mods are:
Uni S2 ECU/TCU
Autotech POS intake
CTS TIP
eBay DP
Cutout
Uni IC

How badly am I losing?

:)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
You never know, they might mistake the brake pedal for the gas pedal.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
tbh i dont think it will be that much, maybe 2 cars?. according to the 1/4 thread, an APR S2 R traps about 3-5mph more than a UNI S2 GTI so i would imagine it would be similar to stock GTI vs stock R

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
tbh i dont think it will be that much, maybe 2 cars?. according to the 1/4 thread, an APR S2 R traps about 3-5mph more than a UNI S2 GTI so i would imagine it would be similar to stock GTI vs stock R

It won't be as big of a gap an stock GTI vs stock R, theres a ~70whp difference between those cars. The stage 2 R is probably making around 50 more whp than his stage 2 GTI, but the R is heavier. If I were OP I'd be doing some weight reduction right now.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It won't be as big of a gap an stock GTI vs stock R, theres a ~70whp difference between those cars. The stage 2 R is probably making around 50 more whp than his stage 2 GTI, but the R is heavier. If I were OP I'd be doing some weight reduction right now.

You're talking about the car, right?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

https://youtu.be/aX3kVupaIVM

The dig and 30kph pull is obvious. 50kph pull the difference is not a huge amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Golf R didn't make it out.

Started another thread with the runs that went down

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just for reference I ran a APR stage 1 R at the track in my APR Stage 1 gti. He trapped 112mph, and I trapped 109.89. So even from a roll the R pulls harder up top.

The cars in question being APR vs Uni (mildest of the flash tunes) it'll probably be ugly without stacking Jb4 and some corn whiskey as mentioned above

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Just for reference I ran a APR stage 1 R at the track in my APR Stage 1 gti. He trapped 112mph, and I trapped 109.89. So even from a roll the R pulls harder up top.

The cars in question being APR vs Uni (mildest of the flash tunes) it'll probably be ugly without stacking Jb4 and some corn whiskey as mentioned above

I trapped 112, so it would have been a great race if he was still S1.

Considering he's now S2 i expect to lose by a few cars. I won't be back in his neck of the woods until next year though.

As for stacking, E85, or meth injection, this car is a daily driver. I will never do any of those things.

If anything i'll eventually go IS38, reflash it and leave it on pump gas. No meth, no blends, no piggybacks.

Last edited: