GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Abs fuse

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
Does anyone know which is the abs fuse and if it's located inside the car or in the engine bay fuse box. Also has anyone removed this for 1/4 mile purposes/ to fully defeat traction control. Thanks

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Believe it is inside the engine bay. I have heard from multiple people, it is the only true way of defeating traction control. I am having TC interference and it is damn annoying

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Please test this! I'm heading out in a few weeks and want it gone as well!

GTIJames707

Passed Driver's Ed
green 40 amp fuse underhood fuse box. I remove this fuse every trip to the drag strip. I remove this fuse, and drop my tire pressure from 37 to 25psi, remove spare tire and jack and everything else in the trunk. idk how much of a difference removing the spare does, but I've tested the difference in tire pressure, and it's extremely noticeable. even on stock tires. also, I really feel like pulling the abs fuse makes a difference.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a more specific answer than this? I'm not around my car right this second or I'd just go look, but is there just one 40 amp fuse in that box? Or is abs clearly marked on the one in question

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
As long as you do the VCDS torque limit removal and ECS off, you shouldn't need to pull the fuse.

That being said, I did the first few times I went to the track and it worked as intended. I don't remember the number, sorry Jake.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I don't have VagCom or OBD11 so I'll probably be going that route for test n tune Friday. Hopefully my clutch will be able to handle a few launches, it held great roll racing but I've never launched this car before

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have VagCom or OBD11 so I'll probably be going that route for test n tune Friday. Hopefully my clutch will be able to handle a few launches, it held great roll racing but I've never launched this car before

You running streets or do you have drag radials/slicks? Street tires won't kill the clutch.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just summer tires. My mk6 made over 100 passes on all seasons (stock clutch) but towards the end if I had a bad launch it would slip. My mk7 slips in high load situations but having never been launched I'm not sure if it'll hold after the little slip it takes to leave hard at 4,000 rpm

Zacr811

Ready to race!
I think I read this disables the air bags as well. Be careful If so.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Bump! I plugged my fuse 40 back into engine fuse box. Cycled the key couple times and it still pops abs, airbag lights on dash. Does this take some driving for those to go off? Thank you.