GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seat Belt Anchor Adjustment?

SM075180

Ready to race!
Curious if someone could let me know if the seatbelt receptacle on an MK7 GTI is adjustable in its positioning. Is there a pivot point between the console and seat? Or is it height adjustable?

As of now I find it floats the belt away from my hip in an awkward way as I’m a smaller guy.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Not the only one.

What VW has done is increase the length of metal "stalk" that the lock (black bit with red button) has between it & the fixing point which is the bottom part of the seat frame rail below.

This puts the lock part further up & forward, so that for bigger people they don't have to reach around as far....

But for us slim people (used to be normal) it causes the lap part of the belt to be held away from the body & I find it floats away easy..

I a CG-Lock? device (original) on my previous car & yes it will fit this, but again its at an awkward angle due to the position of the "lock"...so I got their newer shoft? device:-

http://shoft.co.uk/

Much better !!

SM075180

Ready to race!
Not the only one.

What VW has done is increase the length of metal "stalk" that the lock (black bit with red button) has between it & the fixing point which is the bottom part of the seat frame rail below.

This puts the lock part further up & forward, so that for bigger people they don't have to reach around as far....

But for us slim people (used to be normal) it causes the lap part of the belt to be held away from the body & I find it floats away easy..

I a CG-Lock? device (original) on my previous car & yes it will fit this, but again its at an awkward angle due to the position of the "lock"...so I got their newer shoft? device:-

http://shoft.co.uk/

Much better !!

Thanks for chiming in but it’s not and issue of seatbelt slipping or posture for me. I just think it’s an awkward aesthetic thing to have that void of space there.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Just came across a thread from 2015 which left a vague hope there’s a solution- but didn’t solve.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You wanna modify a safety device for aesthetics?

Wasn't sure if that sank in yet lol. Stop looking down at your seatbelt, you'll hurt your neck...

SM075180

Ready to race!
You wanna modify a safety device for aesthetics?

Wasn't sure if that sank in yet lol. Stop looking down at your seatbelt, you'll hurt your neck...

Not for aesthetics mate. It holds the belt ~2” inches away from my right hip. Seatbelts can’t do their job if they don’t you know... restrain you.

Where did you get the idea I wanted to try and make a seatbelt pretty? [emoji848]

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Not for aesthetics mate. It holds the belt ~2” inches away from my right hip. Seatbelts can’t do their job if they don’t you know... restrain you.

Where did you get the idea I wanted to try and make a seatbelt pretty? [emoji848]

You literally said "I just think it’s an awkward aesthetic thing to have that void of space there" lol

Personally i wouldn't mess with the safety device. Maybe put one of those little airplane pillows behind your lumbar that'll push you forward a bit, or move the seat up.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Hah touché. I had only looked at my original post when I read yours. I’ve been slammed into by a drunk driver and nearly died. I assure you I’m not going to mess with it unless it’s designed to adjust. Lol

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Calm down everyone...

Listen I explained in my post no3 why & what has happened to the "stalk"...

The onlt thing you can do is remove the item & replace it with one that has a shorter stalk...but you have to find one that has the stalk with the correct mounting bit

Ours is item 11 & there are two versions which I think are because of "standard" & sport seat...or electric..

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2015-763/8/857-857065/