GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WIX oil Filter WL10024

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Stumbled on this ^ this morning. LOL. Absolutely true. :D
Except that didn't happen in this thread. I re-read the whole thing twice because I was worried I had worded something poorly and had been insulting.

I found no personal insults, minimal splitting hairs, and very little discussion about oil brands at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Good morning, Dr.

I don't believe AspektZA was being critical of your posts, sir. I know I wasn't. However, having read several thousand oil/filter threads over the years, I thought his tongue-in-cheek comment re oil threads was pretty funny. Still do. I'm sort of hoping I can find an appropriate opportunity to quote him on bobistheoilguy.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Good morning, Dr.

I don't believe AspektZA was being critical of your posts, sir. I know I wasn't. However, having read several thousand oil/filter threads over the years, I thought his tongue-in-cheek comment re oil threads was pretty funny. Still do. I'm sort of hoping I can find an appropriate opportunity to quote him on bobistheoilguy.
That's fair, I first read it as a disgruntled "mic drop"; but it's hard (or impossible) to figure out someone's tone on the internet. Maybe I made a bad assumption.

Edit: I'm not really a doctor [emoji14]

dah90

Ready to race!
I do, but I unfortunately used different oil (OE Castrol vs LiquiMoly) and a different interval so it would be hard to draw conclusions. If you see the image I posted earlier in the thread, it's the 10,000 mile interval. The Wix/LiquiMoly is the 7,500 interval. I'm sending another analysis in next week and I'll post that when I get it back.

Not to be annoying or anything, but did you ever get that analysis back? If so, would you be willing to post it on here for us to see? It would be greatly appreciated!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
Not to be annoying or anything, but did you ever get that analysis back? If so, would you be willing to post it on here for us to see? It would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry, procrastinating, it's sitting on my kitchen table. I'll mail it first thing Monday.

Been trying to dial in a suspension problem and have been distracted... Spoiler: it was the tires [emoji23]

dah90

Ready to race!
Sorry, procrastinating, it's sitting on my kitchen table. I'll mail it first thing Monday.

Been trying to dial in a suspension problem and have been distracted... Spoiler: it was the tires [emoji23]

Well at least you figured out what the problem was! No rush on the oil analysis though. Life happens and stuff takes time.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
I'm going to try the Mahle oil filter this time (just hit 40k).
What's interesting to me is that it has rubber/silicone gaskets on either end of the filter, as opposed to the Mann which is simple paper/fleece construction all the way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZC3B0G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also walmart has Pennzoil Platinum Euro for dirt cheap: $22/5qt jug and ~$6 for 1qts.

UPDATE: Both fit and work great.

The Mahle filter doesn't sit quite as snug as the Mann when you pop it in, but there's no doubt the rubber gaskets on either end make a perfect seal.

Pennzoil Euro 5w-40 fills right to the max line with 6qts. Will definitely buy again.

Last edited:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Any reason not to use a NAPA Gold Filter FIL 100024?

NAPA gold is typically good stuff but the OEM Mann is only like $8 already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk