GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

School Me on Auto-Xing a DD

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Lmao, I'm pretty sure that's in every video. Didn't know it until I was cutting them down to upload.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Awww, yiss...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
467...is that your Candy Crush level? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lol...

It's my plate converted to ASCII and the numbers added together. Lots of numbers already taken.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Ok folks, the next event is in a week. I've got a nifty digital pressure gauge and a 12v compressor to take with me, what pressures would you recommend trying on stock rubber?

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Oh man, I'm afraid to even answer this after the other tire pressure question. :p Autocross right?

Around 40 is a good start with stock tires. A little less before the first run. Check the pressure after the first run and thereafter, since heat will increase the pressure, and you'll want to bleed some off. Also, if it's a sunny day, the side of the car in the sun will tend to increase pressure too.

Your TPS warning will be all sorts of pissed off. Just ignore it.

Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to participate in autocross. Fire away.

bullitt2655

Ready to race!
Ok folks, the next event is in a week. I've got a nifty digital pressure gauge and a 12v compressor to take with me, what pressures would you recommend trying on stock rubber?

Not sure about stock rubber, but I run 35F/40R hot with RE71's. See how the car rotates/understeers and adjust accordingly. I had the rear slide out the last few courses and its interesting how the nannies correct it so quickly (using ESC Sport setting).

conevadr

Not sure about the stock tires, but on the RE71s, I start at 45psi and often end up over 50psi in the rear - 36-38psi in the front. And that's on a reverse stagger setup 245F/215R.

George M

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
not driving a gti but my times improved a bit and I think I learned more once I turned esc completely off, starting vibration completely off, xds completely off.
if you have lsd, by all means keep that turned on :)

tire pressures for me are 45/55 f/r but I'm on 195 all seasons.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Looking at the staggered tire pressures others are using, It makes sense why I had trouble getting the car to rotate. Oh well, my wife just got a new BRZ a couple weeks ago, so getting the rear end to come around is effortless now.:cool: I still love my GTI though.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm nowhere near skilled enough for any dialing in to take place, I'd just like a starting point so I have a fighting chance of getting there.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Right, so I'm there now. I'm getting consistent times but not where I wanted be. I had an instructor go out with me for the first few runs then hit the track by myself.

My best for the course so far is 82.212 and I was hoping to get under 80 today. I had the instructor drive it and he got an 83.4, the all seasons just won't let the car do what it needs to do.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
He did say it was tough to drive as is and that to get these times I'm driving the piss out of it, so I felt better.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Let another instructor take it around and he got an 81.5 and gave me some pointers. Best lap after that was 81.2 something I think. Let me pull the videos. All seasons suck.