GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK7 - Tint Recommendations

tknj99

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Recently purchased a 2017 SE 6MT Candy White GTI and am awaiting pickup. I've started researching tint options and wanted to see what others in the Northern VA area (im in Ashburn) are doing with tint..
I am thinking of staying quasi-legal and running 35% all around with black leather interior i think it should be dark enough. Anyone have 35% all around and if so could i see a pic and let me know if you've run into any issues with police/tickets.
Also, please let me know any shops you may recommend as well as tint you went with and whether they were able to actually tint the small pocket windows.
Thanks so much

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hi All,

Recently purchased a 2017 SE 6MT Candy White GTI and am awaiting pickup. I've started researching tint options and wanted to see what others in the Northern VA area (im in Ashburn) are doing with tint..
I am thinking of staying quasi-legal and running 35% all around with black leather interior i think it should be dark enough. Anyone have 35% all around and if so could i see a pic and let me know if you've run into any issues with police/tickets.
Also, please let me know any shops you may recommend as well as tint you went with and whether they were able to actually tint the small pocket windows.
Thanks so much

Here is a link to some pictures i posted earlier this month. I have 35% all around, granted it is still dark out when i took these pictures but maybe it can help:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30862

tknj99

Ready to race!
Here is a link to some pictures i posted earlier this month. I have 35% all around, granted it is still dark out when i took these pictures but maybe it can help:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30862

Thanks for that - looks really nice.. those rims look great! Did you do that yourself? if so, mind sharing, i have done PlastiDip mods before on my MC and was wondering if you just taped it up and PlastiDip'd?

tknj99

Ready to race!
Had tint work completed yesterday at Sunshine Control in Sterling - turned out fantastic. Highly recommend this shop if anyone is looking. Great reviews on Google back this up as well..
Went with 3M CS 50/35 and it blends perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_5940_resized.jpg
    IMG_5940_resized.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 370

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3