GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 06:27 AM   #2687
Jay_Heim
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2015 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Heim View Post
It is US spec. I filled it up yesterday with 92 and the AFR today on my additive map is good.

Going up try out the absolute again today and see if it still has the erratic AFR... stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
So the absolute map ran like crap again... very erratic AFR.

Swapped back to +8 additive and had no issues with trims or AFR, pushing the same boost at 4k+. Maybe it just doesn't like absolute?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 GTI | MAESTRO| HYBRID IS20 | APR TCU | AWE DP | CTS FMIC | KW V1s
Jay_Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #2688
psychonosspaz
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 White VW GTI SE 6 MT (PP, LP, MMs)
Location: PNW
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Heim View Post
So the absolute map ran like crap again... very erratic AFR.

Swapped back to +8 additive and had no issues with trims or AFR, pushing the same boost at 4k+. Maybe it just doesn't like absolute?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk


Absolute sucks man, unless you live in the Middle East and you have constant temps over 100f
__________________
2016 PURE WHITE GTI [LP/MANUAL/PP] [BOOMBA SHIFT ADAPTER] [BFI WEIGHTED KNOB] [BMS INTAKE] [JB4 w/BLUETOOTH] [VWR SPRINGS] [ECS FLUSH KIT] [RSR CLUTCH KIT]
psychonosspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #2689
Perry01
Senior Member
 
Perry01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI 4 DR DSG, 2008 TOUAREG V8
Location: Hawaii and Utah
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 631
Additive rules.

These are my current settings:

1500-2.5
2000-3.5
2500-4.5
3000-5.5
3500-7.0
4000-8.0
4500-8.5
5000-8.5
5500-8.5
6000-8.0
6500-7.0
7000-6.0
__________________
.

2016 GTI - DSG | UR Downpipe | IE Intercooler | JB4 | 235/40 PSS | 034 Insert | Autotech CAI
VWR TIP | Leyo throttle and discharge pipes | 303 WHP |
Perry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:39 AM   #2690
psychonosspaz
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 White VW GTI SE 6 MT (PP, LP, MMs)
Location: PNW
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry01 View Post
Additive rules.

These are my current settings:

1500-2.5
2000-3.5
2500-4.5
3000-5.5
3500-7.0
4000-8.0
4500-8.5
5000-8.5
5500-8.5
6000-8.0
6500-7.0
7000-6.0


Aren't you afraid you will blow up your turbo? That's a lot !
__________________
2016 PURE WHITE GTI [LP/MANUAL/PP] [BOOMBA SHIFT ADAPTER] [BFI WEIGHTED KNOB] [BMS INTAKE] [JB4 w/BLUETOOTH] [VWR SPRINGS] [ECS FLUSH KIT] [RSR CLUTCH KIT]
psychonosspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #2691
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: USA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Heim View Post
So the absolute map ran like crap again... very erratic AFR.

Swapped back to +8 additive and had no issues with trims or AFR, pushing the same boost at 4k+. Maybe it just doesn't like absolute?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
post logs
__________________
JB4 / IE Intercooler / MAP cat+res Downpipe
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #2692
skian
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 GTI,B6 A4
Location: NY
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 271
For the guys having issues with absolute, did you create your absolute map based on the results of your own additive logs?
skian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #2693
Perry01
Senior Member
 
Perry01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI 4 DR DSG, 2008 TOUAREG V8
Location: Hawaii and Utah
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonosspaz View Post
Aren't you afraid you will blow up your turbo? That's a lot !
My teenage son drives it most of the time with this setting:

LO additive setting

1500-0.0
2000-0.6
2500-1.0
3000-1.5
3500-2.0
4000-2.0
4500-3.0
5000-3.0
5500-3.0
6000-3.0
6500-3.0
7000-3.0

When I drive it, I bump it up a bit but don't really thrash it. With upgraded intercooler, DP, intake and charge pipes my turbo breathes pretty well. I'm hoping it lasts a couple more years until my warranty expires and the IS38 goes in :-)
__________________
.

2016 GTI - DSG | UR Downpipe | IE Intercooler | JB4 | 235/40 PSS | 034 Insert | Autotech CAI
VWR TIP | Leyo throttle and discharge pipes | 303 WHP |
Perry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #2694
psychonosspaz
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 White VW GTI SE 6 MT (PP, LP, MMs)
Location: PNW
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry01 View Post
My teenage son drives it most of the time with this setting:

LO additive setting

1500-0.0
2000-0.6
2500-1.0
3000-1.5
3500-2.0
4000-2.0
4500-3.0
5000-3.0
5500-3.0
6000-3.0
6500-3.0
7000-3.0

When I drive it, I bump it up a bit but don't really thrash it. With upgraded intercooler, DP, intake and charge pipes my turbo breathes pretty well. I'm hoping it lasts a couple more years until my warranty expires and the IS38 goes in :-)


Where do you live out of curiosity? Are you getting clean logs on those settings?
__________________
2016 PURE WHITE GTI [LP/MANUAL/PP] [BOOMBA SHIFT ADAPTER] [BFI WEIGHTED KNOB] [BMS INTAKE] [JB4 w/BLUETOOTH] [VWR SPRINGS] [ECS FLUSH KIT] [RSR CLUTCH KIT]
psychonosspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:24 AM   #2695
Perry01
Senior Member
 
Perry01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI 4 DR DSG, 2008 TOUAREG V8
Location: Hawaii and Utah
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonosspaz View Post
Where do you live out of curiosity? Are you getting clean logs on those settings?
I live in Hawaii most of the time. Very clean logs in 90F heat. Flat boost peaking at 26.5 psi tapering to 18 psi at 6350 RPM with 9.5 timing up top. Also a nice flat AFR and trims climbing to about 43. It pulls really strong. I'm going to put it on the dyno on Thursday and see what it has.

http://www.datazap.me/u/perry01/log-....54&tmax=79.25

.
__________________
.

2016 GTI - DSG | UR Downpipe | IE Intercooler | JB4 | 235/40 PSS | 034 Insert | Autotech CAI
VWR TIP | Leyo throttle and discharge pipes | 303 WHP |

Last edited by Perry01; 07-16-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Perry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:07 AM   #2696
psychonosspaz
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 White VW GTI SE 6 MT (PP, LP, MMs)
Location: PNW
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry01 View Post
I live in Hawaii most of the time. Very clean logs in 90F heat. Flat boost peaking at 26.5 psi tapering to 18 psi at 6350 RPM with 9.5 timing up top. Also a nice flat AFR and trims climbing to about 43. It pulls really strong. I'm going to put it on the dyno on Thursday and see what it has.

http://www.datazap.me/u/perry01/log-....54&tmax=79.25

.


Look forward to those numbers!
__________________
2016 PURE WHITE GTI [LP/MANUAL/PP] [BOOMBA SHIFT ADAPTER] [BFI WEIGHTED KNOB] [BMS INTAKE] [JB4 w/BLUETOOTH] [VWR SPRINGS] [ECS FLUSH KIT] [RSR CLUTCH KIT]
psychonosspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #2697
Jay_Heim
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2015 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
post logs
Here they are:

Back to back runs. 1st is absolute

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...log=0&data=1-4

Next is additive

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...log=0&data=1-4


Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 GTI | MAESTRO| HYBRID IS20 | APR TCU | AWE DP | CTS FMIC | KW V1s
Jay_Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #2698
MauricioGTI
Senior Member
 
MauricioGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 VW GTI DSG
Location: Brazil
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 101
New configuration now with downpipe installed.

Absolute map6

http://www.datazap.me/u/mauricio-wal...15&zoom=11-476
__________________
2016 GTI DSG | JB4 | BMS Connect Kit | BMS Turbo Muffler Detele | APR Downpipe | P3 Cars | Austin 18" + Michelin Pilot Sport 4 | VWR Springs | Spulen Flush Kit | Performance Pack Brake Kit
MauricioGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #2699
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: USA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Heim View Post
Here they are:

Back to back runs. 1st is absolute

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...log=0&data=1-4

Next is additive

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...log=0&data=1-4


Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Well of course, look how much boost your are pushing over ECU on absolute:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...0&data=1-18-21

vs additive:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...0&data=1-18-21

It would look a lot better if your absolute map wasn't trying to push so much boost.
__________________
JB4 / IE Intercooler / MAP cat+res Downpipe
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #2700
TwinDad
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 sportwagen
Location: WNY, NJ
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
Well of course, look how much boost your are pushing over ECU on absolute:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...0&data=1-18-21

vs additive:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jybyrd4606/a...0&data=1-18-21

It would look a lot better if your absolute map wasn't trying to push so much boost.
This is kind of what I was getting at in my earlier post. Has to be apples to apples to know which one is really best for you. I thought mine liked absolute better just because I was a 1.8. I then checked with one of my friends who is a gti, and he said absolute works better for him too. He is pushing pretty high boost and then he additive didn't work well. Again, not saying absolute is better, just saying you have to put them on the same boost level to compare what your car likes best
__________________
2016 GSW- JB4-IS20-e30-RS7 plugs-Piggie pipe-K&N drop in
TwinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #2701
buck890
Member
 
Drives: Octavia VRS 230
Location: Nottingham, England
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 39


So went out last night, first log i've done with these settings on map6.

1500-2.0
2000-3.0
2500-3.5
3000-4.0
3500-4.5
4000-5.5
4500-6.0
5000-6.5
5500-7.0
6000-6.5
6500-5.5
7000-5.0

Why is it that it gets timing pull in 3rd but not 4th and 5th?
buck890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #2702
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: USA
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDad View Post
This is kind of what I was getting at in my earlier post. Has to be apples to apples to know which one is really best for you. I thought mine liked absolute better just because I was a 1.8. I then checked with one of my friends who is a gti, and he said absolute works better for him too. He is pushing pretty high boost and then he additive didn't work well. Again, not saying absolute is better, just saying you have to put them on the same boost level to compare what your car likes best
That LOAD button is really awesome for seeing at a glance what you are actually asking the car to do. It's one thing to ask for 20psi at 5k when it's 90 degrees out and entirely different when it's 40 degrees out.
__________________
JB4 / IE Intercooler / MAP cat+res Downpipe
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #2703
marc5800
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 GTI DSG Autobahn (CDN)
Location: Ottawa
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck890 View Post


So went out last night, first log i've done with these settings on map6.

1500-2.0
2000-3.0
2500-3.5
3000-4.0
3500-4.5
4000-5.5
4500-6.0
5000-6.5
5500-7.0
6000-6.5
6500-5.5
7000-5.0

Why is it that it gets timing pull in 3rd but not 4th and 5th?
load it to datazap.me and post it here
marc5800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.