GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 07-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #1157
H22hatch

Drives: 2017 Golf R
@H22hatch and @Jbale

Do either of you guys have the final coding for these tails? Hatch, I think it was you that out together an Excel sheet right? I have a pic of it but it's barely readable. Would you happen to have a link to the document? Pre-thanks!

Oh, I got instructions from Audiament... To call them

That honestly irritates the shit out of me. By now they should just be providing the coding instructions to everyone that orders the adapters. I'm just salty about the way they do business. It's not right to have to wait around and get coded at their convenience.

Even though mine work fine I'm going to be pulling them out over the next week or so and selling them. And getting a set of the harness from jbale. That guy is an honest standup guy that really just wants to help the community.

But to answer your question, yes I can send you the spreadsheet, just need your email address.
H22hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #1158
kevin808

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22hatch View Post
That honestly irritates the shit out of me. By now they should just be providing the coding instructions to everyone that orders the adapters. I'm just salty about the way they do business. It's not right to have to wait around and get coded at their convenience.

Even though mine work fine I'm going to be pulling them out over the next week or so and selling them. And getting a set of the harness from jbale. That guy is an honest standup guy that really just wants to help the community.

But to answer your question, yes I can send you the spreadsheet, just need your email address.
Awesome, thanks! I'll PM it over to you now.

Ya I feel the same way. (Even though I bought them off eBay) It's phucking antiquated to expect customers to download, install, and configure a VPN so you can tunnel into their computer to take control of it to code their lights in a time zone where there is probably a 10 hour difference.

I'll give them credit for offering the service to help people do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kevin808; 07-17-2017 at 04:14 AM.
kevin808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #1159
kevin808

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22hatch

@H22hatch, I had coded my Euro LED tails before this. Do you know if I have to set the coding back to stock before applying the new tails coding? ...or can I just go straight from one to the other?

My guess is going from one to the other is fine without reverting as long as anything you set for the euro LED that isn't going to be changed by the new 7.5 tails is set back to stock (If that makes sense).

Old 07-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #1160
H22hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin808 View Post
@H22hatch, I had coded my Euro LED tails before this. Do you know if I have to set the coding back to stock before applying the new tails coding? ...or can I just go straight from one to the other?

My guess is going from one to the other is fine without reverting as long as anything you set for the euro LED that isn't going to be changed by the new 7.5 tails is set back to stock (If that makes sense).

Others would know better than me but my understanding is that you may be about 80% there.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #1161
Nsknick

Drives: 2017 Golf GTI S DSG
Ordered Tails on 07/02 from cars245. Just got a shipping update, only two states away. Will post pictures of packaging and the lights themselves!
Nsknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 AM   #1162
kevin808

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsknick
Ordered Tails on 07/02 from cars245. Just got a shipping update, only two states away. Will post pictures of packaging and the lights themselves!

Mine were rediculosly well packed...

Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 AM   #1163
kevin808

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22hatch View Post
Others would know better than me but my understanding is that you may be about 80% there.

Ok, thanks

I'll find out tomorrow morning.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #1164
kevin808

Huston, we have Dunklephasen...

https://youtu.be/JJ6sFkCO9Io

Old 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #1165
kevin808

After coding my blinker error is gone

Old 07-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #1166
H22hatch

Good news from e-acca. Now to figure out what to do with this set....

Dear Kaab,

I'm here with the great news for you!

Both missing tail light pieces have arrived today!

We will pack and ship your order tomorrow and will update your tracking details, as soon as the order is shipped.

Hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Natalja
Old 07-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #1167
Nsknick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin808 View Post
Mine were rediculosly well packed...

That's awesome! They just tried to deliver the tails to my house, apparently it requires signature. I'll have to go to my local PO tomorrow and pick them up! Really excited.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #1168
notavr

Drives: GTI Sport
so are they starting to actually ship within a reasonable amount of time? these are high on my list
notavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #1169
Nsknick

Quote:
Originally Posted by notavr View Post
so are they starting to actually ship within a reasonable amount of time? these are high on my list
I ordered from cars245 on 07/02, just got a text that they tried delivering to my house. So 15 days total. I feel bad for the people who waited months.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #1170
TheGreekFreak

Drives: 2017 Tornado Red 6MT GTI Sport
Ok, so this has probably been answered by I don't feel like going through 70 pages of the thread to find it.

What is the consensus on the R dynamic LED taillights in the US in terms of legality? I'm sure the regular ones are fine but is the tint on the R tails dark enough where they would not be considered DOT compliant?

Love the way the darker ones look but don't want to deal with getting pulled over for stupid tickets.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #1171
kevin808

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekFreak View Post
Ok, so this has probably been answered by I don't feel like going through 70 pages of the thread to find it.

What is the consensus on the R dynamic LED taillights in the US in terms of legality? I'm sure the regular ones are fine but is the tint on the R tails dark enough where they would not be considered DOT compliant?

Love the way the darker ones look but don't want to deal with getting pulled over for stupid tickets.

I would argue there is a fair amount of red in them and they light up plenty bright.

But I'm not a cop having a bad day.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #1172
Amiroquai

Quote:

It wasn't the tint as much as the height of the blinking light. The dynamic orange LED strip on the euro tails is not tall enough to meet DOT requirements.
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #1173
crild

Drives: MK7 R
Quote:

Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is online now   Reply With Quote