GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #1123
vj123
Senior Member
 
vj123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI
Location: The Detroit
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflo-nochi View Post
Worst case if they do not want to give you your money back you can call your credit card company and request a charge back.
I thought about the same. But OP has signed on credit card transaction receipt authorizing the payment. Will the credit card company still refund the payment?
__________________
2016 VW GTI Autobahn, DSG, PP, LP | AWE Track Exhaust | Pretoria | Conti ExtremeContact | Conti WinterContact | European Aspherical Mirror | DrivePro 200 | OBDeleven
2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus, 6MT, Quattro, Sport Package, MMI | TSW Mirabeau - Sold
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:20 AM   #1124
crild
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: WI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I thought about the same. But OP has signed on credit card transaction receipt authorizing the payment. Will the credit card company still refund the payment?
A refundable deposit is a deposit. They have to legally return your money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
crild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:38 AM   #1125
ian124
Senior Member
 
ian124's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 S DSG
Location: Riverside CA
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 280
Just picked up a 2017 S DSG for 23,500 before TTL.
__________________
5150 tuned
ian124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:42 AM   #1126
vj123
Senior Member
 
vj123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI
Location: The Detroit
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by crild View Post
A refundable deposit is a deposit. They have to legally return your money.
I was replying to the comment of calling credit card company if the dealer disagrees.
__________________
2016 VW GTI Autobahn, DSG, PP, LP | AWE Track Exhaust | Pretoria | Conti ExtremeContact | Conti WinterContact | European Aspherical Mirror | DrivePro 200 | OBDeleven
2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus, 6MT, Quattro, Sport Package, MMI | TSW Mirabeau - Sold
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #1127
soflo-nochi
Member
 
Drives: MK7 GTI Autobahn
Location: Boca Raton, Fl
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I thought about the same. But OP has signed on credit card transaction receipt authorizing the payment. Will the credit card company still refund the payment?


Deposits are funky when it comes to charge backs but usually you sign something stating the terms of the deposit and in his case it seems as if he did not. It is up to the merchant to prove that the transaction was fulfilled and in this case they may need to prove it was nonrefundable.

To answer your question, as long as the credit card receipt he signed was a generic with no terms and conditions specific to the transaction he will most likely win the transaction.
soflo-nochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #1128
vj123
Senior Member
 
vj123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 GTI
Location: The Detroit
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflo-nochi View Post
Deposits are funky when it comes to charge backs but usually you sign something stating the terms of the deposit and in his case it seems as if he did not. It is up to the merchant to prove that the transaction was fulfilled and in this case they may need to prove it was nonrefundable.

To answer your question, as long as the credit card receipt he signed was a generic with no terms and conditions specific to the transaction he will most likely win the transaction.
Thats good to know. I have read multiple comments about "calling the credit card company" but have not come across anyone who really did that when dealer refuse to give the deposit back.

Also i thought since i would have authorized the payment by signing the credit card transaction, it was my responsibility to prove the deposit was refundable.
__________________
2016 VW GTI Autobahn, DSG, PP, LP | AWE Track Exhaust | Pretoria | Conti ExtremeContact | Conti WinterContact | European Aspherical Mirror | DrivePro 200 | OBDeleven
2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus, 6MT, Quattro, Sport Package, MMI | TSW Mirabeau - Sold
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #1129
Nsknick
Senior Member
 
Nsknick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Golf GTI S DSG
Location: East Coast
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian124 View Post
Just picked up a 2017 S DSG for 23,500 before TTL.

Gratz man! This is what I just got mine for! I'm picking the car up in two weeks.
Nsknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #1130
sebastian
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R wDCC/Nav 6MT
Location: Portland, Oregon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflo-nochi View Post
Deposits are funky when it comes to charge backs but usually you sign something stating the terms of the deposit and in his case it seems as if he did not. It is up to the merchant to prove that the transaction was fulfilled and in this case they may need to prove it was nonrefundable.

To answer your question, as long as the credit card receipt he signed was a generic with no terms and conditions specific to the transaction he will most likely win the transaction.
So this is an out of state dealer, I was charged on my credit card over the phone, I haven't signed anything not even the credit card receipt. This brings me to my next question, if i do go back on the deal , what reason should I mention to the dealer ? Should I say that I got a better deal locally and it isn't worth driving out his far. I'm just speculating if that could be grounds they aren't happy and they deny my refund. I was want this to go down well, that's all.
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #1131
JStat
Junior Member
 
Drives: TBD
Location: MD
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Hey folks. So after test driving a GTI this weekend, I've fallen in love and I think I'm ready to buy. Does this seem like a fair deal?

From a Virginia dealer:

GTI Sport w/ DSG: $26,099 before taxes and tags with 1.9% APR for 60 months.
JStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:48 PM   #1132
BlueHen
Senior Member
 
BlueHen's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 GTI S PP LP 6M 4dr NBM
Location: Delmarva
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStat View Post
Hey folks. So after test driving a GTI this weekend, I've fallen in love and I think I'm ready to buy. Does this seem like a fair deal?

From a Virginia dealer:

GTI Sport w/ DSG: $26,099 before taxes and tags with 1.9% APR for 60 months.
That's a tad high. You shouldn't be paying over $25k. Truecar for D.C. area has that configuration at $24,925. That would be absolute max I'd be willing to pay before any affinity discounts (such as USAA $500 off, etc).

Two previous posters on this page are saying they got theirs for $23.5k. Always remember that GTIs are built in mass quantities and VW dealers do want to move them.
__________________
2016 GTI S 6M PP LP - AWE DP+Touring, PSS 235s on RSe52s, euro R tails, Helix sound, 3M Crystalline, other isht
2015 Sportwagen TDI S DSG - Stock as a muh fuh and getting 55.7 mpg actual through 14k miles (see "Unclean" on Fuelly)
BlueHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #1133
JStat
Junior Member
 
Drives: TBD
Location: MD
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHen View Post
That's a tad high. You shouldn't be paying over $25k. Truecar for D.C. area has that configuration at $24,925. That would be absolute max I'd be willing to pay before any affinity discounts (such as USAA $500 off, etc).

Two previous posters on this page are saying they got theirs for $23.5k. Always remember that GTIs are built in mass quantities and VW dealers do want to move them.
Thanks for the response... I'll keep negotiating.

It also looks like those 2 posters picked up a GTI S not Sport. MSRP on the Sport is about $2500 more.
JStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:49 AM   #1134
BlueHen
Senior Member
 
BlueHen's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 GTI S PP LP 6M 4dr NBM
Location: Delmarva
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStat View Post
Thanks for the response... I'll keep negotiating.

It also looks like those 2 posters picked up a GTI S not Sport. MSRP on the Sport is about $2500 more.
Totally missed the S instead of Sport. My bad. Yeah, the Sport is basically what I got in S trim (w/ LP and PP) before the Sport trim was introduced. I didn't get black mirrors or push button start, but I did get foglights.

Shoot for $25k or lower.
__________________
2016 GTI S 6M PP LP - AWE DP+Touring, PSS 235s on RSe52s, euro R tails, Helix sound, 3M Crystalline, other isht
2015 Sportwagen TDI S DSG - Stock as a muh fuh and getting 55.7 mpg actual through 14k miles (see "Unclean" on Fuelly)
BlueHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 AM   #1135
GolfWang
Senior Member
 
GolfWang's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Night Blue DSG S
Location: Central/South Jersey, Philly
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHen View Post

Shoot for $25k or lower.
on a DSG Sport?? I thought the MT's went for 24.5+, DSGs 25.5+, with obvious outliers getting notably abnormally good deals like sub-24 for an MT and sub-25 for a DSG.

Idk, you obviously know your shit when it comes to buying cars so from your perspective it might seem "easy," or whatever, to get a better price... But I have no idea how you do it lol.

I paid 17k for a 2015 S model DSG w/ 17k miles on March 31st, and you paid 18k for "new" TDI less than a month later. I grill myself daily specifically because of the deal you got, and how much more utilitarian a TDI wagon would be in my life than a GTI...
GolfWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #1136
BlueHen
Senior Member
 
BlueHen's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 GTI S PP LP 6M 4dr NBM
Location: Delmarva
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
on a DSG Sport?? I thought the MT's went for 24.5+, DSGs 25.5+, with obvious outliers getting notably abnormally good deals like sub-24 for an MT and sub-25 for a DSG.

Idk, you obviously know your shit when it comes to buying cars so from your perspective it might seem "easy," or whatever, to get a better price... But I have no idea how you do it lol.

I paid 17k for a 2015 S model DSG w/ 17k miles on March 31st, and you paid 18k for "new" TDI less than a month later. I grill myself daily specifically because of the deal you got, and how much more utilitarian a TDI wagon would be in my life than a GTI...
TrueCar is $24,925 for DC on that car. DC area runs lower than the rest of the country due to the sheer volume of dealerships in the area (22 in a 50 mile radius). There's no magic involved. Just let them know you'll walk if you don't get what you want. In fact, don't even get that far. Do it all via email. That's way easier.

Can't make a deal with first dealer? Only 21 more to go. If you can't swing a great deal in DC you're just not trying:
__________________
2016 GTI S 6M PP LP - AWE DP+Touring, PSS 235s on RSe52s, euro R tails, Helix sound, 3M Crystalline, other isht
2015 Sportwagen TDI S DSG - Stock as a muh fuh and getting 55.7 mpg actual through 14k miles (see "Unclean" on Fuelly)

Last edited by BlueHen; 07-17-2017 at 01:15 AM.
BlueHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #1137
BlueHen
Senior Member
 
BlueHen's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 GTI S PP LP 6M 4dr NBM
Location: Delmarva
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,885
Also, Golfwang, the TDI was a rare bird. There were only a limited quantity of the new old stock rereleased. I think the dealers were so sick of having them on the lot for a year and a half that they wanted them gone, and they failed to anticipate the pent up demand for them early in that brief sales period. VW was kicking in a $5k rebate (and 0% 72 months and 162,000 mile/11 year warranty) and the dealer I bought from was offering an additional $3k off sticker. Deal of a lifetime, IMHO, but not a normal deal at all.

I did swing $6,200 off my GTI too. That was a 2016 model year end deal. I chalk that one up to starting off with the GM of sales at the dealer I went to. Never got stuck in the typical back and forth with the frontline sales twats. lol
__________________
2016 GTI S 6M PP LP - AWE DP+Touring, PSS 235s on RSe52s, euro R tails, Helix sound, 3M Crystalline, other isht
2015 Sportwagen TDI S DSG - Stock as a muh fuh and getting 55.7 mpg actual through 14k miles (see "Unclean" on Fuelly)
BlueHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #1138
Chogokin
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Sport/MK6 JSW/Banshee Spitfire/Cervelo S2
Location: So Cal
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStat View Post
Hey folks. So after test driving a GTI this weekend, I've fallen in love and I think I'm ready to buy. Does this seem like a fair deal?

From a Virginia dealer:

GTI Sport w/ DSG: $26,099 before taxes and tags with 1.9% APR for 60 months.
I picked up my Sport DSG last Wednesday for 28,600 out the door. This is in So Cal.
Chogokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:24 AM   #1139
o'bluetouring
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Location: Los Angeles
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chogokin View Post
I picked up my Sport DSG last Wednesday for 28,600 out the door. This is in So Cal.

Can you let me know which dealer is it in SoCal? And do you have the price before all the fees and tax? Trying to find a decent deal on SE. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
o'bluetouring is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.