GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back in the VW game... with a 2015 golf tsi

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Great job. I plan on buying one soon myself. I’d like to wait to install it until it’s warmer and the leather isn’t so tight when installing... How difficult was tucking it into the sides of the wheel where the thumb controlls are? Also, what brand was it?

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Here is the link to the exact one I got

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Han...401032.html?shortkey=ZjArq2ua&addresstype=600

I am fortunate to work at a honda dealership, so today was my day off and I just went and parked in the drive through where it was warm and started working on it. The tucking around the controls was fairly annoying... I expected the sowing to be the hardest part but it was the tucking in that area actually. The back of the controls didn't come out great and you can feel it by hand if you go towards where the material ends, but it doesn't bother me since you can't actually see or feel it unless you're looking for it. I will eventually correct it but for now i'm happy with the results

1.8T EA888

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a great deal...the Xuji ones are like 51 dollars at the least. Do you have any idea about the back of the steering wheel? Does it have cutouts for the paddles on automatic car?

Tsi7

Ready to race!
This is a great deal...the Xuji ones are like 51 dollars at the least. Do you have any idea about the back of the steering wheel? Does it have cutouts for the paddles on automatic car?

I have no idea about automatics since mine is a manual, you would have to contact the seller directly and ask if they do

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Holy shit why is that price so good. That’s way cheaper than the Xuji ones... quality feels good? Thread was good quality? Come with tools?

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Holy shit why is that price so good. That’s way cheaper than the Xuji ones... quality feels good? Thread was good quality? Come with tools?

That's what I said... the wrap came with everything that was needed to install (scissors, thread with needle, double sided tape and scraper to push the wrap in certain areas) The thread is tough as nails and will not break no matter how hard you try by hand... the feel of the wrap is amazing, super smooth and texture feels great. It's obviously not real leather, but neither are the xuji ones, so I couldn't justify the extra 20-30 bucks on xuji when in reality I think they're all the same

Tsi7

Ready to race!
New shoes! Sold my 16 inch Toronto rims yesterday and picked up these 17 inch queensland with michlen pilot a/s 3 rubber today, now only if summer could come faster...

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Finally got the GTI exhaust installed today... I ended up finding an aftermarket gti diffuser for 80 CAD off rockauto... with shipping and tax it came out to 135 CAD, which is still cheaper then any dealer. For a piece of plastic I could care less if it's OEM or not, it does the same job regardless of brand

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Got my R pedals today, I would show some pics but my floor mats are extremely dirty... it's impossible to keep them clean here in Canuck land where it's been lots of snow and salt...

Tsi7

Ready to race!
brake and clutch just come off and you put the new ones in, acceleration pedal you have to slide the new one over the original and dead pedal you remove the original and just slide the new one in