GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sacramento Muffler Delete

SM075180

Ready to race!
Anyone in or around Sacramento willing to meet up so I can hear your muffler delete?

Recommendations on quality shops who will do it ~$150 tops?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM075180

Ready to race!
you’re not leaving any room for quality at that budget

Oh god I’m sorry. I meant to post that here...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Silly me- always mixing up my sides of the country.

?

Giving your comment a fighting chance at redemption though-

What have you paid to have this done?
What have you seen others pay?
What constitutes quality, in your opinion, for a handful of cuts and welds?

I’ll happily provide some more topics for constructive contribution if none of those seem approachable.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
That’s stupid. You should easily be able to get it done under that budget. Mine was $60 on my mk5, and the 7 has essentially the same design.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I think I paid like $300 for mine. I’m in LA and will sell it to you for $100.

It has 4” tips and is PERFECT. Also it’s a mandrel bend

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I think I paid like $300 for mine. I’m in LA and will sell it to you for $100.

It has 4” tips and is PERFECT. Also it’s a mandrel bend

That’s a custome exhaust tho, not a muffler delete, correct?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
It’s basically a muffler delete.

There is one muffler for both exhaust tips

How was it that expensive? I had a shop cut out the mid muffler and weld in a new section of pipe for $60

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Oh god I’m sorry. I meant to post that here...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Silly me- always mixing up my sides of the country.

��

Giving your comment a fighting chance at redemption though-

What have you paid to have this done?
What have you seen others pay?
What constitutes quality, in your opinion, for a handful of cuts and welds?

I’ll happily provide some more topics for constructive contribution if none of those seem approachable.

Ok cuz California labor rates are so much cheaper than the southeast...totally unrealistic for me to make a estimate on what they’d charge over there in liberal world.

If you want a mild steel with crush bends I’m sure someone can do it for $150.

As for what I’ve paid, well I’m the guy who gets paid to build exhaust so I can tell you what I charge. $40 an hour plus materials, which I use mandrel bent 304L stainless steel, 308 wire & trimix shielding gas. Currently have a mk7 R in for a catback build, it’s $460 worth of materials (its single side, dual tip) not including any consumables.

My axle backs or muffler deletes run $450 for dual tip. Just materials alone cost more than you’re wanting to pay.

Nothing wrong with wanting to do it cheap, it’s your car and your money. But I wouldn’t call anything that can be built for $150 “quality” as mild steel will rust even other cali and not everyone is ok with that. I also build everything to be bolt on and fully reversible so if they wanna go back to stock and sell the piece they have that option. Cost a little more that way but it also protects your investment

For reference a local shop to me Eurowise charges about x3 my rate and uses the same materials

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
How was it that expensive? I had a shop cut out the mid muffler and weld in a new section of pipe for $60

They basically made me a custom catback.

I'll upload pics when I get a chance but its done really nicely. It's also a mandrel and not a crush bend.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
They basically made me a custom catback.

I'll upload pics when I get a chance but its done really nicely. It's also a mandrel and not a crush bend.

Well a mid muffler is literally one straight piece of pipe, that’s a little different lol

That’s what I’m saying. Isn’t op asking for the muffler delete? Not an entire catback?

SM075180

Ready to race!
That’s what I’m saying. Isn’t op asking for the muffler delete? Not an entire catback?

Just lookin’ at chopping off the suitcase guys.

I either want to experiment cheap- to decide if I like it before taking bigger leaps.

Or

To find someone local who will let me listen to their setup in person before I spend more up front.

Start cheap and you’ll find a deal- start where everyone else did and you’ll get ripped off- just like everyone else. Lol

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Just lookin’ at chopping off the suitcase guys.

I either want to experiment cheap- to decide if I like it before taking bigger leaps.

Or

To find someone local who will let me listen to their setup in person before I spend more up front.

Start cheap and you’ll find a deal- start where everyone else did and you’ll get ripped off- just like everyone else. Lol

Yeah. So exactly what i thought. That might be slightly more involved because of the piping that they’d need to weld etc. should be able to still have it done under $150. That being said, I think you might have some drone on freeways

Gareezy

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah. So exactly what i thought. That might be slightly more involved because of the piping that they’d need to weld etc. should be able to still have it done under $150. That being said, I think you might have some drone on freeways

No the mid-mufler you’ve been referring to is the resonator. The “suitcase” with the tips on it is the muffler. I was also quoted more than $150 for the actual muffler the OP is talking about to be deleted.

I also wouldn’t recommend it. Drone is horrible. Better off buying a good cat-back.