GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side brake light issues.

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently noticed my driver side brake light wasn't lighting up when braking. Swapped the bulb(led 7443) and same issue. Signal/hazards/running light work just fine but the brake, doesn't light up. I put the LED r tail lights on and still I have the same issue, so I assume it's just electrical. Didn't notice any blow fuses. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: LED' are not on my car, NA halogens currently are. Code has never been messed with

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like you got a connection not seated in the brake light power wire in the plug on the car. I would think it would show a bulb out error though.

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like you got a connection not seated in the brake light power wire in the plug on the car. I would think it would show a bulb out error though.
I've been thinking the same thing. No errors though, oddly enough. I was hoping to avoid the dealership, but I may just suck it up and get them to fix it. Thanks!

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Light and signal work but no brake light?

They all share the same wire and bulb on a NAR MK7. Sounds more like a coding issue. Is Leuchte20BR still coded as a brake light/Bremslicht?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Need more tail light info. These are stock NAR or Euro LED?

If you installed a harness for Euro LED it's probably because one of your wire pins inst fully inserted into the connector. I had the same problem after installation.

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Light and signal work but no brake light?

They all share the same wire and bulb on a NAR MK7. Sounds more like a coding issue. Is Leuchte20BR still coded as a brake light/Bremslicht?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stricting the brake light, everything works fine. That seems odd to me, because they used to work fine. No coding has ever been done on my car, because the LED's have yet to be properly installed, I just tested them on the stock harness, but same issue. I have no way to check the code so I think I may just have to talk to the dealership

Need more tail light info. These are stock NAR or Euro LED?

If you installed a harness for Euro LED it's probably because one of your wire pins inst fully inserted into the connector. I had the same problem after installation.

NA Stock halogen are on right now, with 7443 LED's. I do have a set of OEM euro LED's that I don't have installed, but I plugged them into the factory harness to see if that remedied the issue, but they had the same problem. When plugged into the LED harness, they obviously presented the same results, so the issue is coming from the cars wiring itself, I guess.

Last edited: