GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarPro Essence Plus vs Zymol HD Cleanse

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Always been a Zymol guy, but have moved to CarPro Reload as the regular shine maker.

I’ve got some water spots and easy stuff to take care of, should I return to the HD Cleanse that I already have, or give Car Pro Essence Plus a try?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I have used the original Essence quite a bit and I can tell you water spots won't stand a chance. Also, it is a nice AIO if you so choose it to be. I like to use a black pad with Essence, just let the product do the work. I haven't used plus, but as with anything from CarPro I'm sure it works just fine.

Reload > bacon

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Well I meant to order essence plus, but ordered essence accidentally, so I’ll be giving that a try this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
From the looks of it, Essence is more of a cleaner than Essence Plus? Hard to tell.

Essence is slightly more aggressive and thus has more cleaning properties then Plus, yes. I have used Essence on a recently applied coating before to get rid of high spots, worked good for that.

Both have the same fillers and amount of SiO2 though, pretty sure on that one. The benefit of the SiO2 is that if you do remove some protection, you're getting some right back so as not to leave a "weak" spot.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Well it’s a tie between Essence and HD Cleanse since neither of them removed the water spots. I even open the hood if I garage it and there is water on the hood in the hopes it won’t bake on and hopefully slide down.

Thinking about getting that buffer I’ve wanted since I was ten years old.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Well it’s a tie between Essence and HD Cleanse since neither of them removed the water spots. I even open the hood if I garage it and there is water on the hood in the hopes it won’t bake on and hopefully slide down.

Thinking about getting that buffer I’ve wanted since I was ten years old.

That is surprising. What was your method of application and working the product?

Essence on a white or black finishing pad has always worked well for me on water spots and lightly etched imperfections. They must be really into your clear. Time for a tough finishing polish or change in pad.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Microfiber applicator pad, started with light pressure, worked up to medium and more, still visible. I was surprised as well.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Ah, yes, I have used Essence like that for quick spots on a fresh coating and sometimes I discolor the area or don't get even pressure.

I wouldn't count your products out yet, I would get a machine and a light duty polishing pad and go at it again :)

Oh yeah I didn’t blame the product at all. Just know it needs the next step