GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cook VW Used Car Pricing (HILARIOUS)

zr0z

Passed Driver's Ed
Went looking at a used vehicle that was priced OK with the market but noticed they advertise it with additional fees mentioned in the description. Keep in mind, these vehicles are priced ROUGHLY IN MARKET RANGE already.

They wanted to add another $2,500.00 in fees before I even came in to look at it. To happily explain the fees, their internet sales manager sent me a document with descriptions. This is hilarious, even the scummiest dealers around here no longer have these practices:

$1495.00 Maryland Safety, Mechanical, Accessory Inspection and Repair
Steering System, Wheel Alignment, Suspension, Brake System, Wheels / Tires, Fuel System, Exhaust System, Bumpers, Fenders, Lights, Electrical System, Mirrors, Glazing (windows), Wipers, Hood / Catches, Door Handle Latches, Floor / Trunk Pans, Speedometer / Odometer, Driver Seat, Safety Belts, Motor Mounts, Gear Shift Indicator, Universal and CV (constant velocity) Joints, Emissions Equipment

$495.00 Cosmetic Reconditioning
Clean exterior, touching up light scratches, dings, waxing exterior, clean aluminum wheels and tires, dress tires, clean interior, shampoo carpets when necessary, repair any fading, tears, cracks, holes, wipe down dash, center console, clean door jams, trunk area, clean and dress spare tire.

$510.00 Transportation
Transporting and transferring quality and great values from all over the United States

I'm embarassed to say this was the first dealer I stopped in when I originally considered the mk7 platform. These guys deserve no one's business, this is sleazy used car dealer practices cranked to 120%... What 2-3 year old car still in warranty takes $1500 in state inspection reconditioning costs? A $495.00 detail job probably done by some minimum wage lot attendant? WTF!?!?

Last edited:

sirspiffycliff

Ready to race!
LOL dude! I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees their shoddy work. I like to call them "Crook VW".

When I shopped for my GTI, they ended up pulling a major pricing scam to a majority of their inventory. They had priced some GTI's 15k below MSRP. I called to confirm if it was in stock. After it was confirmed they were all in stock, i drove an hour to their dealership and they proceeded to tell me it was a pricing mistake and hit me with the classic bait and switch. They've been known to do this. Do yourself a favor and go to the Heritage dealers, which can still haggle, or head outside of Baltimore to find a better dealer.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
King VW in Gaithersburg is awesome....got my car for like 7k under msrp and no bullcrap in their online pricing. Service dept has been great so far as well and they don't seem to care if you mod your car which is a rarity.

I couldn't find any equivalent VW dealers in MD anywhere. Russell VW service dept is good but not sure about their sales as their pricing seems pretty high.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Gro,
That is good to hear. I read some online reviews about King VW (off watkins and 355?) and it wasn't the most pleasant. Good to hear some actual owner feedback!

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to Cook to try and special order a mk7 4mo GSW 6MT, and the guy left me in his office for 30 minutes! As I was leaving, someone stopped me, so I told him that the salesman can call me when he figures out how to special order a car.

Bought my GSW from Heritage Parkville. Conveniently it was exactly what I had wanted to the letter, without the six month lead time.