GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sticky volume button

Ay B

My steering wheel volume button is sticky (I may or may not have spilled some slurpee on it) and it takes a bit of effort to push now. Makes a cracking noise.

Any tips on cleaning it?

Any suggestions (sarcastic or otherwise) are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's only sticky because the selection button on the other side isn't. It's the contrast that's bothering you.
My recommendation is to get another Slurpee, preferably Coke and spill it on the selection button. Then you won't notice it's sticky because sticky will be the new normal.

Hope this helps.

Ay B

It's only sticky because the selection button on the other side isn't. It's the contrast that's bothering you.
My recommendation is to get another Slurpee, preferably Coke and spill it on the selection button. Then you won't notice it's sticky because sticky will be the new normal.

Hope this helps.

Well I'm tempted to take your expert advice but I feel like I need to disclose more info first. It was actually a Dr. Pepper slurpee. I feel like the sugar content might create an imbalance on both sides of the steering wheel if I go with a Coke slurpee. Before I go and invest in another Dr Pepper slurpee are there any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
My volume down button actually has been squishy since I bought it. The others click nice but just the volume down is squisby. Will be a warranty visit at some point.

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You might need to remove it and clean it with electronic contact cleaner. Try it on the back side of the plastic first ot make sure it doesn't discolor it. Look for threads where people have had their steering wheel leather replaced. I believe they removed the entire button array.

I wouldn't just spray the stuff in there without taking it apart on a new car.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion