GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap IS38's from Germany

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Well he could always send it to get rebuilt and balanced, and that would probably solve any of the older revision faults.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I should probably just get a damn IS38 instead of wasting money on a protune for the IS20 then get the IS38 and rewaste money on another tune. But if i go IS38 I will probably want W/M .. it never F-ing stops haha.

yosoydan

Ready to race!
I should probably just get a damn IS38 instead of wasting money on a protune for the IS20 then get the IS38 and rewaste money on another tune. But if i go IS38 I will probably want W/M .. it never F-ing stops haha.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel haha.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

I buy into that theory. I'm getting the hardware before I get the software.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I did some following up with this eBay vendor, mtm-gmbh, who is very responsive. He will ship to the USA for €80. The only reason the listing says "no USA shipping" is because the shipping is free in Europe and he doesn't want us thinking it's free across the pond.

19% VAT is deducted from the listing price of €890 for USA, so it's €748 for us in Trumplandia. With shipping, total is €828. According to Google currency converter, that is $891. He sent me an offer for that amount.

Does anyone know if there are any customs or duty fees that get tacked on on our side when an item arrives? He said he wasn't sure of that, as it is out of his control at that point.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I did some following up with this eBay vendor, mtm-gmbh, who is very responsive. He will ship to the USA for €80. The only reason the listing says "no USA shipping" is because the shipping is free in Europe and he doesn't want us thinking it's free across the pond.

19% VAT is deducted from the listing price of €890 for USA, so it's €748 for us in Trumplandia. With shipping, total is €828. According to Google currency converter, that is $891. He sent me an offer for that amount.

Does anyone know if there are any customs or duty fees that get tacked on on our side when an item arrives? He said he wasn't sure of that, as it is out of his control at that point.

I'm sure there will be customs/duty if it's being shipped as a new part.
I had recently had something shipped from across the pond and had to pay $85 for customs and it got held up for over a week till they figured it out. For the life of me, I can't remember what the hell it was!

I'm not sure if you can get them to put in the paperwork that it's a service they provided (like a rebuild on YOUR turbo).

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
So, about $900 for a used IS38? Not a bad choice when you think about it. After balancing, you're looking at $960. Well worth the savings of about $500. Once I'm out of warranty, I'll be going IS38 and hopefully by then, they will be even cheaper!

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
So, about $900 for a used IS38? Not a bad choice when you think about it. After balancing, you're looking at $960. Well worth the savings of about $500. Once I'm out of warranty, I'll be going IS38 and hopefully by then, they will be even cheaper!

What's a good place that does the balancing?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

New, not used

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

I don't know, i buy stuff from aliexpress all the time and never have to pay any additional fees on things that came. I think you should test it out for us :)

Edit. I saw you work in DC. Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal and split shipping hahaha.