GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pro's and Con's on running meth

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Ive been wondering about W/M injection for awhile as a means to reduce or eliminate carbon build up. Aside from stabilizing fuel and lowering temperatures, would a 50/50 mix make build up increase or decrease?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Not sure, but direct port may help the carbon build up. I don't know if the throttle pipe injection helps in anyway.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Since we're injecting in the throttle pipe, most of our benefits come from reducing IATs. George has said there isn't a noticeable decrease in carbon buildup, but I believe it probably helps a bit... Anything is better than nothing!

Floader

Passed Driver's Ed
Not that I would recommend it on this platform. But when I was playing with my DSM, I would run up to 20% of my fuel load thru the meth kit. I was using it for the octane boost. Had it setup so that when the pressure came up on the meth system the ECU pulled a percentage of fuel out. Tried 50/50 meth/water and worked my way up to 100% M5. At that level I could run 30+ psi on pump gas. If I banged the rev limiter more than once it would shoot fire balls out the exhaust....

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Through the throttle pipe I wouldn't want to start injecting fuel, but if it was in the IM or port injection, then I could see the benefit.. but that's basically the meth side of WMI :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
If only if only we got MPI in the 'Mericas... I would be happy to pay $1-1.5K more on the base price of the vehicle for it. It'd pay for itself in saved carbon cleanings and lifetime gas mileage increases. Also less PITA, more overhead for fueling, and sounds better with an exhaust than the DI-only EA888's

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
I had the JB already so I just added the w/m to it. It does work very well as a fail safe, and you can see if it's actually spraying correctly without removing the nozzle and testing to make sure. I added a Hobbs and a check valve in addition to the solenoid, just to be like triple safe lol. I love the setup man, especially being able to tweak the boost and log with the JB4.

Bigsnoop, I'm going to go over to STP motorsport to get dyno'd sometime. I'll ask if he will let me do like 6 pulls, 3 with meth and 3 without. I'll do the meth pulls last and log it too.

Let me know im right down the street, and im cool with stefan i can come hang if anything, Ill convince him to let you do more pulls.

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Welp, I pulled the trigger on the meth kit. I got a used AEM kit from a dude on the sales page via facebook. Cant wait to get it and install, I plan on just running a hobb switch, and keeping my fingers cross it doesn't cut off on me in the future. Im going to tune through cobb with JR. So i will have comparisons vs JB4, ED, etc soon.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Welp, I pulled the trigger on the meth kit. I got a used AEM kit from a dude on the sales page via facebook. Cant wait to get it and install, I plan on just running a hobb switch, and keeping my fingers cross it doesn't cut off on me in the future. Im going to tune through cobb with JR. So i will have comparisons vs JB4, ED, etc soon.

Plan on doing the same in the future, hopefully the funds will be there. Keep us update don the progress.