GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
My map 2 which keeps going to map 4.....logged to see what was up? Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry01

Ready to race!
My map 2 which keeps going to map 4.....logged to see what was up? Any help is appreciated

It looks pretty good but for the best analysis, start logging in 3rd gear at around 2000 RPM and roll onto the throttle. Take it to at least 6500 RPM then a short spell in 4th gear before ending log.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
For best analysis, start logging in 3rd gear at around 2000 RPM and roll onto the throttle. Take it to at least 6500 RPM then a short spell in 4th gear before ending log.

That's what this log is

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed

full throttle and higher rpm. you get full boost in 4th gear so i do most of my logs in 4th

Perry01

Ready to race!
That's what this log is

You let off the throttle at 5000 RPM. Take it to 6500 RPM then shift into 4th gear for a longer period before you stop logging and keep it at WOT.

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know what the failsafe boost is on Map 2? I'm curious why I keep defaulting to MAP 4 when trying to run it?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
What do you have it set at? Set it high up like 26 to see if that is your issue.

When your on map 2 - does it still use the settings in the map 6 area like boost failsafe?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Did a couple 3rd to 4th logs after mixing 3 gals on E85 - car felt pretty good, but still need help interpreting the data

Perry01

Ready to race!
Did a couple 3rd to 4th logs after mixing 3 gals on E85 - car felt pretty good, but still need help interpreting the data

AFR and Trims look pretty good but I don't see a change to fourth gear. The second log shows a dip in the pedal from 2000 to 3000 RPM. You need to stay WOT. Also, a lot happens beyond 5500 RPMs. It's good to see how timing advances to 6500 RPMs. Next time take it to redline.

Last edited:

Thegoat

Passed Driver's Ed
When your on map 2 - does it still use the settings in the map 6 area like boost failsafe?

Boost safety is used for all maps. safety is absolute so set it to the max boost you want, not the boost you want to add. So like George said, try 26 even if you are using additive by rpm. I am not sure if boost by gear also applies to maps 1 and 2.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie

Log on absolute map.

The high rpm range was more linear in relation to the additive. What do you think?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Log on absolute map.

The high rpm range was more linear in relation to the additive. What do you think?

Well, it's still having a hard time hitting your boost request (pink line). Your actual boost values (dark blue line) are also jumping around in the 3k-4k range. Your timing (IGN1) never gets above ~7 at any point. I have to think the high heat is to blame. The car may actually be faster if you turned it down about 2psi across the board.