GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant Leak?

mattf

My 2015 R three water pumps and the thermostat housing changed once. The third replacement was with a revised part number and seemed to fix the issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hal

Ready to race!
Had my thermostat and housing changed once and it seems I might still have a leak as it still dropped after 2 months but I'll keep monitoring. Care to share the part number if you have it?

mattf

I don't have it the service records were in the car when I traded it in. If you are still losing fluid I bet it is the water pump mine would take about 8k miles for the low coolant light to come back on. Take it to the dealership get them to pressure test the system and they should see it leaking out of the pump or have dried coolant on the pump. If it is just ask them to use the revised metal pump. They have to be aware of an issue if they released a revised pump.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pacman91

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the water pump or thermostat housing something that would be visible without having to pull other things off? My 2016 1.8 has been losing coolant over the past 8 months or so. I noticed it every time I change the oil it drops a little but today the light came on and after parking for 20 minutes at the store it went away for the rest of the drive home. So I'm wanting to check it before I take it in and pay for tests. Car has 37000km but is only 12 months old.