GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door side markers

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Do the door markers illuminate, or just reflect? I'm talking about the red markers when you open the door, that prevent traffic from ripping your door off while driving by.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Do the door markers illuminate, or just reflect? I'm talking about the red markers when you open the door, that prevent traffic from ripping your door off while driving by.

Reflect only in USA.
ROW are lighted I think.
Mods have been done to install and power lights.
See forum member SABO's build page. He has pics and info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Mk7 Golf was never given puddle/exit lights, Mk5 was the last Golf to have. & that applies to Germany where they get all the options.

Retro fit using the Passat lights, see my list of guide below in my sig

Peteomagic

Just installed these on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 Golf was never given puddle/exit lights, Mk5 was the last Golf to have. & that applies to Germany where they get all the options.

Retro fit using the Passat lights, see my list of guide below in my sig

I have lights on the underside of my wing mirrors that shine downwards. I thought they were puddle lights ??

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have lights on the underside of my wing mirrors that shine downwards. I thought they were puddle lights ??

yes & no, the proper VAG way is a door exit marker in the door which should shine red outwards & white downwards as this illuminates the ground between the door & the car body, the wing mirror "puddle lights do not illuminate this area as the door gets in the way and casts a shadow in it instead! Just see my how to guide as I have a before & after door open picture...

Audis have two separate lights in their doors, a high up red marker on the inside trim edge near the exterior handle level, & a separate white down lighter on the bottom edge of the trim, they also get markers on the rear hatch ...

We can retrofit the combined markers from the Passat, you can retro-fit the Audi stuff, if you also want to start cutting out extra holes in your trim....:cool: