GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mk8 rendering.Info.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I can really appreciate the subtle evolutionary approach to the Golf. Still like the MK7 better regarding most exterior styling except the tail lights

slide13

Ready to race!
Definitely prefer the front end of the MK7 at first glance. It's okay and definitely looks like a GTI at least, but it loses a little of the simplicity of the MK7 for a more modern sleek and sculpted look....the absence of which is why I liked the GTI MK7 so much compared to its over styled competition.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Blah! I doubt that will be the final product.

You can tell that the body is from a mk7 but the headlights and tail lights are one person's thoughts on how the mk8 should look.

Ay B

Looks like it can't see very well and trying to squint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
If that really is what the mk8 will be, it will be the smallest design change since the mk2 (and maybe even including). Unless it has a lot more than just design changes I don't think that would have the right to call itself a mk8 rather than a mk7.5 v2. The biggest change I can see other than the grill is they moved the crease down the side of the car up to the door handle, and did some minor detail tweaks. I'm very skeptical that they would choose such subtle design changes for something as important as an entirely new generation car.

Ay B

VW has been improving the Golf design progressively since MK1. The MK7 is the nicest to date. There is no way that they would release such a shitty, Toyota-esque model after all these years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's a "rendering" - in other words, some idiot's guess at what a Mk8 might look like. It's fiction. Nothing to see here kids, drive through.

Yes, exactly.
Some guesswork rendered onto a MK7.

Take any of these renditions with a huge grain of salt.
I had a MK6 GTI, and followed the MK7 renditions and spy photos.
Let me tell you, the actual MK7 looked quite a bit different - and MUCH better than the renderings.
Also, a little bit of camo - grills, headlamps etc., can really mask the entire character of the car.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
If that really is what the mk8 will be, it will be the smallest design change since the mk2 (and maybe even including). Unless it has a lot more than just design changes I don't think that would have the right to call itself a mk8 rather than a mk7.5 v2. The biggest change I can see other than the grill is they moved the crease down the side of the car up to the door handle, and did some minor detail tweaks. I'm very skeptical that they would choose such subtle design changes for something as important as an entirely new generation car.

I believe that the MK8 is less of an entirely new car than the MK7 was.
The MK6 was an improved MK5.
The MK7 was the big change, with the switch to the new MQB platform.
So, aside from increased power and features, the MK8 may share the same body as the MK7.
Generally, when a car is refreshed - like the MK7.5 is - we get a glimpse of the styling of the next gen. car.

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Only time will tell. Regardless I am so pleased with my MK7 I will have no problem waiting for the MK9 R [emoji848] But I still have a feeling VW follows these forums to gain insight into what we want design wise.