GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radio mutes after power on

GumbyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
This isn't a huge concern for me since I'm in a 2017 Golf S loaner today, but I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. Since I hadn't paired my phone, when it rang on the road, I hit the power button on the radio. When I finished my call and turned the radio back on, the radio was muted. It happens every time I turn the radio off. I've never seen a setting for it in the menus. Also, I was going to tweak the settings on either the dash or radio menu and it gave me a message that said "these functions aren't available while driving." My 2016 Golf doesn't do that. I wonder if there's some added nanny features in the new VWs? The loaner also had 15" wheels... SO quiet and plush on the road! :D

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
This isn't a huge concern for me since I'm in a 2017 Golf S loaner today, but I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. Since I hadn't paired my phone, when it rang on the road, I hit the power button on the radio. When I finished my call and turned the radio back on, the radio was muted. It happens every time I turn the radio off. I've never seen a setting for it in the menus. Also, I was going to tweak the settings on either the dash or radio menu and it gave me a message that said "these functions aren't available while driving." My 2016 Golf doesn't do that. I wonder if there's some added nanny features in the new VWs? The loaner also had 15" wheels... SO quiet and plush on the road! :D

What's part North Alabama?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You can set the start volume in one of the settings menus, maybe it's turned all the way down.