GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Ian,

Can you show this to Brian? This is major issue alot of people are having, it looks like there is massive knock and then AFR goes rich to protect.

http://www.datazap.me/u/hexxum001/log-1490228675?log=0&data=1-9-13-17-18-19-20-21&zoom=13-24&mark=17

I have a personal vendetta against this issue as its why I sold my GTI.

gn4rwhals, they wont know from that log other than say a lot of torque is being referenced in the beginning and a small dip from the hpfp pressure. But Hexxum would need to enable 3 datalogging parameters; STFT LTFT and Ambient Temp in the AP datalog settings to get a better understanding. When anyone is logging you need to have these enabled for logging, they are not enabled out of the box.

Lobtfu

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm using euro spec Motul 5w-30 in my WRX, I used Motul 5w-40 in the GTI.

BOV on a MAF car is a bad time for sure, but the bolts shearing? Was it a Turbo XS RFL or something equally as bad?

It was a stock bov then gfb. I did the rotella when I dis the oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
gn4rwhals, they wont know from that log other than say a lot of torque is being referenced in the beginning and a small dip from the hpfp pressure. But Hexxum would need to enable 3 datalogging parameters; STFT LTFT and Ambient Temp in the AP datalog settings to get a better understanding. When anyone is logging you need to have these enabled for logging, they are not enabled out of the box.

When I had the issue it was fuel trim related so this makes sense. I'm gonna try to get 1 more person here who had the same issue.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Hey Ian, I also seem to be having this issue. Haven't had a chance to log in the last couple weeks since I got a new clutch, but I do have logs from before that that showed the same behavior of a rich condition due to knock in one or more cylinders. I will reach out to Brian

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Here are some logs from today.
This first one is MAP 1 Stage 1
http://www.datazap.me/u/deviation01/map-stage-1-map?log=0&data=1-5-10-22-23-24-25

This is a revision that Brian sent me but its dialed down. The car feels super sluggish and laggy which was expected. Also boost seems to be reduced. Timing was dialed down by 4 degrees.
http://www.datazap.me/u/deviation01/revised-map-3rd-gear-pull?log=0&data=1-5-10-22-23-24-25

I used to have issue in drive mode with DSG but map 1 and the revision have next to no knocks now. I am not sure what cured it. I put in 2 gallons of e85 so that could be it.
There are minor knocks on both logs but all the other parameters look good IMO.

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I've been riding on the MAP Stage 2 map (93 Octane) for a few days now and it's pretty darn good in terms of driveability. Acts civil when you need it for daily driving and shreds tires when you punch it. Logs to follow in a few days when this Georgia weather clears up. Ian has been super responsive and great to work.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Good to hear man. Send some logs once you are able to please!

I've been riding on the MAP Stage 2 map (93 Octane) for a few days now and it's pretty darn good in terms of driveability. Acts civil when you need it for daily driving and shreds tires when you punch it. Logs to follow in a few days when this Georgia weather clears up. Ian has been super responsive and great to work.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
I had my first track day this past Sunday after flashing to MAP Stage 1.
Car: 6-speed, turboback, drop-in intake, RS7 plugs, MAP stage 1 91 octane
Track is about 4.8K ft elevation with ambient temperature was around 45-55F.

Here's my log from one of the sessions, ran for about 20 min per session.
I had 1.6-3 KR throughout the run and had a spike of 6 KR towards the end of the session.

Any thoughts and inputs?

http://www.datazap.me/u/moonluv810/map-stage-1-track-log-2?log=0&data=1-9-16-17-18-19-20-21

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
How to datalog:

Start in 3rd or 4th gear at 3k RPM
Click AP button to log
Go completely WOT until redline
Click AP button again

What was just posted is completely unusable data.

Status
Not open for further replies.