GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Metallic GTI / Golf Thread

J_C

Passed Driver's Ed

Got roof racks and wind fairing [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
finally got some roof racks on my GTI so i can take my kayak out for some fishing. Wanted whispbars originally but they were discontinued and outrageously expensive so ended up with rhino racks and am very pleased so far!

How dark are those tails tinted?

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
no idea what percentage the film is, it's the gunsmoke tint from lamin x, says it's their medium tint as i didn't want to go too dark

Lamin-X comes in the following styles/percentages:
  • Clear/0%(red)
  • Tint/6%
  • Gunsmoke/12%
  • Smoke/17%
  • Charcoal/30%

I would not recommend going past gunsmoke without replacing the stock bulbs with LEDs. I just applied tint/6% and its close to the euro dark cherry tint percentage

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Can you post a pic? I have those sitting in my ECS cart and need to order more parts today.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
How difficult is it to apply the Lamin-X film? I'd like to do the gunsmoke on my tails, becuase the red NAR tail lights are way too bright (color wise) against my black car IMO. They stand out too much, like the chick at the bar with the bright red lipstick

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Can you post a pic? I have those sitting in my ECS cart and need to order more parts today.

Here you go, sorry but my garage is not that well lit.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
How difficult is it to apply the Lamin-X film? I'd like to do the gunsmoke on my tails, becuase the red NAR tail lights are way too bright (color wise) against my black car IMO. They stand out too much, like the chick at the bar with the bright red lipstick

It was pretty difficult to get the curves right on the outside pieces. I think the website says its a 4/5 difficulty rating and I would have to agree with it. If you are patient and slow with applying the tint its not too bad and it can always be removed if you arent too happy.

basqueinthesun

Passed Driver's Ed
i agree, it was pretty difficult, but as long as youre patient and follow the directions, you should be fine. I would make sure to be pretty liberal applying water with the spray bottle it comes with and also consider using a heat gun/hair dryer to aid with getting it nice and flat. be prepared to lift up sections multiple times and flatten them out until it is completely flat and there are no bubbles or creases

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Detailed my GTI this weekend! Wash, clay, polish, sealant, and topped with a coat of butter wax. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

Next I'll yank the wheels to give them a proper detail, clean the wheel wheels, detail and seal the calipers and install my ECS flush spacers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Detailed my GTI this weekend! Wash, clay, polish, sealant, and topped with a coat of butter wax. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

Next I'll yank the wheels to give them a proper detail, clean the wheel wheels, detail and seal the calipers and install my ECS flush spacers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What springs you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk