GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burble tune?

Rizo

Is there any similar type of tune for the mk7 GTI to the burble tune the BMWs seem to all have? It makes their cars backfire and crackle really loudly on deceleration. I know DME tuning can customize it for any car make but they charge like $600.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Custom tune for it to run rich

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
As soon as I put my catless downpipe and catback on, the burbles were VERY prominent, still factory tune. I'm on APR stage 2 now and STILL get all the nice crackles and burbles. Even get the "DSG" farts when I shift gears. Couldn't be happier with how it ended up sounding with just replacing the exhaust piping even though it's a tad loud right now.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Extra shot of fuel as the exhaust valve opens?

It's unnecessary to induce this with a tune when it can be done with just a change in hardware. Heck even the SRT4's would burble from the factory since they didn't have mufflers.

Rizo

Yeah I took out the resonator and have a 3" catted downpipe and I get minor burbles but I just want them to be louder, without making my overall exhaust sound to be louder. I just hope it wouldn't mess with my eurodyne tune.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
In that case you'd have to tune that feature or remove the catalyst from your downpipe, but removing the cat will create a louder exhaust note.

Edit: and just so you know retarding ignition timing to ignite fuel near your cat will drastically reduce its lifespan.

Last edited:

Rizo

Yeah, I've read on that and I've also read that it messes with o2 sensors but I'll probably be taking out the cat soon anyways. I thought it would help with inspection and check engine light but I was wrong.

Last edited: