GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waze. Who's using? How do you like? Join Up!!!!!!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
@AJ15
Waze will hang on to your original route for a time (usually two or three missed turns when it's trying to get you back on the original route). It will do this until a new route based on your parameters (I use shortest ETA including tolls) is recognized. So, until my deviation results in a shorter ETA based on its calculations, it's going to try to kick me back to the original route. It has been stubborn a time or two, but it always readjusts eventually, and usually within a minute or two.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
In settings, you can enable voice commands which are activated with a three (3) finger tap to the screen. Use Waze for navigation even on routes where you know where you're going, because its crowd sourcing will route you around traffic that you didn't know is ahead of you. Also, if you use planned drives, Waze will take into account traffic updates/changes and notify you when it's time to leave. Additionally, you can share your drive and it will send a real-time ETA to those with whom you share your drive with - helps when trying to coordinate arrival times.

Thanks. Will try.
Yes, I run most of the time even in my small town to help others if by chance any use it. On trips it works better as more people on line with it.

off_the_grid

I have used Waze on and off for a few years, when trying to avoid traffic problems or when I really don't know where I am.
Only issue I have is that locally I have it set to avoid tolls ($6 just to enter the local toll road). This messed me up on a road trip when it sent me an hour around a $1 bridge.

I read somewhere, may have been in Road and Track, some police are logging in and clearing the police ahead markers...

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I have used Waze on and off for a few years, when trying to avoid traffic problems or when I really don't know where I am.
Only issue I have is that locally I have it set to avoid tolls ($6 just to enter the local toll road). This messed me up on a road trip when it sent me an hour around a $1 bridge.

I read somewhere, may have been in Road and Track, some police are logging in and clearing the police ahead markers...

Somehow that is not right. I think.
In my town they have taken to hiding a good way from the road. At times behind the fence running along the state highways, or in front of businesses that are closed after dark. One can question if it is right to tag police but the way people can tag broken down cars or accidents is a big safety improvement when driving at night. Also helpful if interstate traffic is stopped or an area has bad fog. How many time have you come around a turn and found the interstate traffic is stopped?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I use it as well. It's not as quick to enter a destination in and start going as google maps, but for a longer planed trip I'll use it. The cop detection is the best and traffic alerts, info from google traffic, are also very nice.

I had the voice as the guys from Grand Tour for awhile. Was quite fun.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
My favorite Waze voice of all time was the Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Terminator". Does anyone else remember that? It came out as a promotion ahead of his last movie. "I know where you want to go, and I can get you there... if you want to live, follow me. Turn Left!" And "Hazard reported ahead. GET DOWN!" Hilarious.

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
My favorite Waze voice of all time was the Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Terminator". Does anyone else remember that? It came out as a promotion ahead of his last movie. "I know where you want to go, and I can get you there... if you want to live, follow me. Turn Left! And Hazard reported ahead. GET DOWN! Hilarious.

Heheh.

I activated the Stephen Colbert voice a couple of years back and my young sons found that one to be hilarious. When a red-light camera would come up, he'd say, "quick, cover your license plate" and stuff like that. :D

Their second favorite was Colonel Sanders.

I activated some NBC news guy last weekend and it sucked because his voice was too smooth. I need my alerts to be jarring, not smooth.

I'm sorry I missed Arnold.