GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short Shift Transmission Adapter - Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Long time lurker here. I generally prefer to lurk but this was too good not to share.

Installed this and the delrin knob the other day. Super easy to install both. I will say that having a shorter 4mm Allen key than I was using would make it a bit easier to snug up the adapter. The knob is pretty straightforward install though there is no going back as you have to cut the boot from the stock knob. (suppose VW sells as an assembly if you had to go back to stock)
Absolutely love the combo. Along with the 'free clutch mod' (removing the orifice from the bleeder) it shifts like it always should have.

Thank you for the awesome feedback we greatly appreciate it!

Scrodee

Ready to race!
If you haven't already, remove the spring that pulls the clutch pedal towards the firewall as well... makes it feel like a normal clutch...

Thought about this but the car is my DD and I'm concerned that removing the spring will mess with full disengagement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrodee

Ready to race!
If you haven't already, remove the spring that pulls the clutch pedal towards the firewall as well... makes it feel like a normal clutch...

Yeah I've read through that thread and I'm a bit worried about full disengagement/re-engagement.

Scrodee

Ready to race!
Joel,

Thanks for encouraging me to check out spring removal again. I went and re-read the thread and decided to give it a shot.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Just to let you guys know fitment of this product is confirmed on the golf R

Just got my boomba short shift adapter in the mail, can't wait to install it! I drove my gti from my parents in NH back to upstate NY and had 2 separate instances where the stock shifter seemed like it just didn't want to go into gear (4th-5th both times). I could be the bms clutch stop and my left foot not pushing the clutch all the way in, but seems like the boomba adapter will make the shifts a little more direct which will be great.

Last edited:

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just got my boomba short shift adapter in the mail, can't wait to install it! I drove my gti from my parents in NH back to upstate NY and had 2 separate instances where the stock shifter seemed like it just didn't want to go into gear (4th-5th both times). I could be the bms clutch stop and my left foot not pushing the clutch all the way in, but seems like the boomba adapter will make the shifts a little more direct which will be great.

Can't wait to hear what you think once you get it installed!

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Install took a little longer than 5 minutes but I didn't have my phone handy to rewatch the video on how to orient the bottom piece. Still not sure on that bottom piece if the thicker part goes towards the front of the car or the back, but tightened it up and re attached shifter cable. its noticeably shorter when driving aggressively. Will have to get used to it around town for sure.

Mbarton36

Ready to race!
Just drove the gti for about 50 miles and it is noticeably smoother/quicker changing gears with the boomba adapter. I must have been too slow shifting or too fast moving my left foot but today's trip was really smooth and void of any lunging or sloppy gear changes. Definitely a good add-on for the money.

My question is: anyone have one of these installed and have a good amount of miles on it? I'm concerned that one of the clutch parts may wear prematurely since the adapter essentially stretches out the cable/spring that controls the clutch movements. I'll be driving this car about 18-20k miles a year BTW

Kylemoney01

Ready to race!
I have about 3-4K on mine and no problems at all.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hey guys, Tax season sale is happening right now, by using the code TAXSAVE you will save 10% on your purchase.

Does this code still work? I tried and it didn't apply.