GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I would just grab the part number from the VW parts catalog and order those through a vendor. That is what I did when I pieced my SRE together.

Also update on my SRE. After 3k miles, I am noticing that on low speed manuevering (backing up), I get a burning clutch smell under the hood. Upon some research, seems to be a common theme for the SRE clutch for the Audi, Seat, and VW world. A bit disappointed in this, but the clutch still bites well and holds well under WOT. I've been driving manual for a long time and have had many manuals, I have also replaced many clutches, this is the first time I am experiencing this.

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good to know and sucks to hear. I guess it's not the worst issue since you're in reverse maybe 1% of the time

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
It can happen in first as well, if you're not careful you can feather it too much which is also something that seems to be common. Just an odd characteristic of this clutch. Hopefully the clutch lasts and by the time I need a new we have more options available.

Last edited:

Johnboy1

Just a heads up i got my Sachs flywheel from rockauto today and it came with new hardware to bolt the flywheel on.

Johnboy1

There's 8 bolts Included with flywheel. I wish i would have known because i got the oem ones from ECS.

mojaito

Passed Driver's Ed
Another Rockauto code just in case:

5% Discount Code: 80F7BC37D2494C
Expires: April 3, 2017

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

Thanks man!!! $303.24 shippedr. Can't wait to install this clutch.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
The disk is not the weak part of the system, it is the pressure plate.

If this is true, would it be safe to say that replacing the pressure plate before you get a tune (preferably when the car is fairly new) is not a bad idea? Saves you from having to buy a disc and possible DMF since it's inevitable with a tune

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Just to confirm - as it sits, are all the part numbers correct as of today?
Any Canadians want to give any input as to where they sourced parts? Thanks!

vw4evr

Passed Driver's Ed

I didn't go with the kit, but a dealership priced it out for me. GermanOEM as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

God I feel for you Canadians. My wife is from Quebec and when I hear the prices of almost any consumer product I cringe. It's like a 20% markup on everything.