GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone figured out how to defeat ESC and ASR on the Performance Package GTI?

CesarDRK

Trust me, if it is in a straight line on launch with a yellow light flashing it is the torque limiter, nothing you can do until some DSG flashes become available, unless you have the money for the HPA flash.

If you remove the ABS fuse the wheels begin to spin at launch, so i guess it can´t be the DSG tune...

So, it must be a way to fully disable ASR in the ABS coding.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
I am NOT one of the IT experts weighing-in on the subject; only my observations. My GTI is a PP, DCC, MT with a Feb. 2015 build date. I am APR Stage One.

Like others, I get the big throttle drop at about 2600 rpm. Not wheel spin or clutch slip. How do I know this? Tested at 5th and 6th gear at highway speeds on a dry road. RPMs drop then come back. I find I can drive around this by not using heavy throttle until at least 3,000 rpm. After 3,000 rpm it goes straight to the red line.

Questions;
Does APR use exactly the same tune for PP and non-PP?
If so, did I possibly get the wrong one?
Will either the 91 octane or Low Output tunes solve this issue, albeit with less power?

Jerr2553

I am NOT one of the IT experts weighing-in on the subject; only my observations. My GTI is a PP, DCC, MT with a Feb. 2015 build date. I am APR Stage One.

Like others, I get the big throttle drop at about 2600 rpm. Not wheel spin or clutch slip. How do I know this? Tested at 5th and 6th gear at highway speeds on a dry road. RPMs drop then come back. I find I can drive around this by not using heavy throttle until at least 3,000 rpm. After 3,000 rpm it goes straight to the red line.

Questions;
Does APR use exactly the same tune for PP and non-PP?
If so, did I possibly get the wrong one?
Will either the 91 octane or Low Output tunes solve this issue, albeit with less power?

Sounds like you are definitely getting some clutch slip. Mine would do the same exact thing anywhere below 3k.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Throttle drop? Not sure if I'm missing something here but when you slip the RPM's shoot up a but and then back down, don't they? Sort of like disengaging the clutch while accelerating then engaging again.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Throttle drop? Not sure if I'm missing something here but when you slip the RPM's shoot up a but and then back down, don't they? Sort of like disengaging the clutch while accelerating then engaging again.

Definitely not clutch slip. Engine rpm drop as though the ignition is turned off briefly and then return to full power. Does not happen beyond 3,000 rpm. Keep in mind that I am not declutching during this test; just adding heavy throttle in 5th or 6th at freeway speeds.

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!
Got my switch recoded today to enable ESC OFF, which I was totally stoked about until I realized that I had code 05 put in (ESC & ASR ON / ASR OFF / ESC OFF) instead of 06 (ESC & ASR ON / ESC SPORT / ESC OFF), what I would have preferred. Before I make to the trek back to have it changed, is there any advantage to going with ASR OFF instead of ESC sport? I thought they were the same (ASR off on both) with only ESC partially off but apparently they're not?

I have noticed that with ASR off it lets the front wheels slip to redline ( tested on ice ), however if done with ESC Sport it limits the revs to around 3300-4700 RPM. So it could be that ASR off is better for more wheelspin and burnouts whereas ESC sport allows some play in rear wheels.

Also, is there any different between codes 07 & 08 and 05 & 06? I read somewhere that 07 & 08 are for PP cars (which I have) but no one seems to know for sure.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Diff between esc and asr? I recoded and now show esc limited with chime or esc sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion

GTISwede

Ready to race!
Anyone had problems with using launch control after changing from ESC ON/ ASR OFF/ ESC SPORT to ESC ON/ ESC SPORT/ ESC OFF?
Did the change in OBDEleven, now I can't activare launch control.

Tried to change back to original settings, still doesn't work.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone had problems with using launch control after changing from ESC ON/ ASR OFF/ ESC SPORT to ESC ON/ ESC SPORT/ ESC OFF?
Did the change in OBDEleven, now I can't activare launch control.

Tried to change back to original settings, still doesn't work.

I assume that, on your icy roads, that you have easily been able to confirm that traction control is actually off?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
R have this coded at the factory, GTI do not.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure if it's possible as all the bit combinations I know start with it activated

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I finally got around to looking at this. Byte 29 on my NAR 2016 GTI PP defaults to "89".

I want the ESC ON/ESC Sport/ESC Off functionally which is being described here as "08".

Do I need to change byte 29 from "89" to "88"?