GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Highline to Golf R - Gti Replica

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I like the idea a lot. I was hoping for R front, rear bumpers and side skirts, brakes, and for the love of all us AMERICANS who have seat envy, some R seats as well.....

keep up the good work :)

Best,

Paul

figgy1

Ready to race!
Was it easy to fit? How is it mounted?
It's very easily mountable. I used 14 self tapping screws to fit it like these ones but you could just as easily find them in your local hardware store.https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/self-tapping-screw-priced-each/n90974701/. It's comes with mounting bolts but that needs bumper removal. I removed it once before when fitting Ed's replica HID's and think there is no need to do it to fit this spoiler. It's very lightweight and the 15 self tappers are more than adequate. Spoiler fits in perfect to the under shield so need for measuring at all. Just clamp it in place and drill the self tappers up in. Comes with instructions also. 20-30 minute job excellent results also.

Last edited:

figgy1

Ready to race!
I like the idea a lot. I was hoping for R front, rear bumpers and side skirts, brakes, and for the love of all us AMERICANS who have seat envy, some R seats as well.....

keep up the good work :)

Best,

Paul
Cheers Paul,

Love your early mk Golfs too. Unbelievable amount of work put in and it shows. Stunning machines. I have the Volkswagen GTI side skirts https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/ext...de-skirts-set---vw-golf-7-vii---gti---gtd.htm coming Monday and am looking for some advice on wether to paint them gloss black to match Clubsport diffuser and Maxton front lip or just leave Them the way they are ?! I'm thinking paint them gloss black to match and kinda get the Clubsport look also but I'm not great with spray painting and don't want to mess them up either. Any suggestions or recommendations welcome please ?

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Hi figgy,

Thanks for the words of kindness ;)

The one thing that kept me into VWs was the great community and the rich resources that were already there - no matter where are there are opportunities to network and find new resources. For example with the painting. Have you asked around in your local neck of the woods? There must be someone in your local community that knows somebody :)

Sometimes people will do something for the cost of a few pints :)

Keep us all updated!

Best,

Paul

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Best pics of that lip I've seen so far!

figgy1

Ready to race!
GTI Side Skirts Modded

Hi All,

So after fitting the Clubsport rear diffuser and Maxton front lip both black gloss I wanted to give the side profile of the car a similiar lowered matching look as well. I contemplated the Clubsport side skirts but at that price I felt it was absolute robbery for the price being asked. So I went with the GTI side skirts for €200 I smoothed out the rough look with sandpaper, filled them, primed them x 3, base coated them x 3 and laquered coated them x 1 and here are the results. Fitting was a 7/10 in difficulty and the prep work to get them gloss black was simply painstaking in every way. Took about 1.5 weeks to get it from the matt black dimpled surface to smotth gloss black. If you go for this then expect alot of time consumption to do it correctly. Let me know what ye think please guys

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 866
  • IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 790

Sneakykota

Any chance you have part numbers for the rear spoiler side flaps. Id like to get a set for my tdi as well. I know you posted a link for them already but Id like to shop around first before I pull the trigger on those. Thanks in advance!

figgy1

Ready to race!

figgy1

Ready to race!
Spolier Fins for sale

Hey Sneakykoya,

I have the spoiler fins for sale if you are still interested in them. They are in absolutely perfect condition with no scratches scuffs marks etc $110 shipped via registered insured postage. I'm upgrading to a Clubsport back spoiler.

Let me know if your interested.

Thanks,
figgy.