GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front turn signal LEDs

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Looking for LED turn signaling bulbs for the Bixenon headlight package. I'm concerned over hyperflashing. Has anyone had issues with needing to code or change the relay?

Basically looking at Amazon prime JDM LEDs. They worked in my Prius but needed a new relay

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Was a little put off by their prices. But if it's plug and play. No hyperflashing, ok? They also look like they are offering a st patties discount now

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
The BAY9S LED's although bright at night, aren't very bright during the day. I have yet to find an aftermarket alternative that satisfies the need for a bright AMBER led. I too have the Autokey leds installed. One thing I did was code the amber leds to cycle on and off out of phase with the drl. Essentially making the drl a white turn signal in conjunction with the amber led.

Last edited:

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I have the DeAuto ones in my car and they are pretty decent. I must admit they could potentially be a little hard to see in direct sunlight. Its not bad enough that I've swapped back, but something to note. Of course, they look great at night.

One thing I've noticed with a buddy of mine is that there is a difference with these LEDs in the varying lighting package headlight units. My 2015 (built early 2014) has units by Valeo and the LED fills out more of the lens than the same LEDs in my friend's 2016 with Hella headlights. The projectors and beam patterns/cutoffs are also different, for what it's worth.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I have the DeAuto ones in my car and they are pretty decent. I must admit they could potentially be a little hard to see in direct sunlight. Its not bad enough that I've swapped back, but something to note. Of course, they look great at night.

One thing I've noticed with a buddy of mine is that there is a difference with these LEDs in the varying lighting package headlight units. My 2015 (built early 2014) has units by Valeo and the LED fills out more of the lens than the same LEDs in my friend's 2016 with Hella headlights. The projectors and beam patterns/cutoffs are also different, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the information, we have a new model coming out and will be in testing now to avoid this, it could simply be the headlight reflector and how it shines the LED because the same exact LED bulb is insanely bright in the VW CC model.

But anyway, for the MK7, the new model will be reviewed by 2 unbiased customers who are looking for something brighter, we will keep the thread updated as these are a brand new never before seen design! :)