GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Even though I just got my R, I am researching what method of tuning I want to go with. The idea of the JB4 sounds pretty nice, but I do have some questions before I decide what method I want to go with.

1.) How exactly does this unit increase the cars power? Is it just with adding extra boost? No timing or fuel map is modified? Assuming the only fail safe it has is to switch from whatever map you're on to the stock map with logging.

2.) For logging purposes, can this be done over bluetooth using the phone app as well or will the cable also need to be purchased to hook it up to a laptop?

3.) For a DSG R on 93 octane, is map 2 the go to or do most just stick with map 1? Will the gains be consistent with that of a APR stage 1 car or will it be slightly less?

I skimmed through this thread as much as I could while at work, if I missed the answers to this questions in here, I apologize.

Hi,

The JB4 does boost, fuel volume and AFR targeting. The failsafe is the actual unit but it also does not over ride the stock ECU safety measures and works within those tolerances.
The Bluetooth renders the cable obsolete.
Most users use map 2 and a lot go to map 6. It will match the APR Stage 1 hp wise but we do not boost it as hard early in the rpm range so torque is less.

Snitt

Ready to race!
Can someone please tell me the difference between Tunerwerks and jb1/jb4?

It looks like it flashes the ECU, but their website seems to be more concerned with showing off their lady model than they do with providing information and pricing.

gatorjeff22

George,
Can you point me in the direction of the JB4 wireless connect kit install instructions? Does the bluetooth adapter just tap into a positive and ground wire of the JB4 harness?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Why not a catted DP that dont throw codes? The best of both worlds..

AWE Catted DP FTW;)

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Switched to map2 today with ca shell 91octane. It seems like it is smoother than map 1? I did one log which I can upload later pull from 30mph in 3rd gear. I'll try another one and compare.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We had a user run a great time on JB4 (no stack) in conjunction with our meth kit, a dp and intercooler. Car ran lightened seats on DOT radials in the front with some race fuel in the mix.

For guys keeping tabs this is the 5th fastest stock turbo R in NA. 3/5 are running JB4.

Well done Sam.

Log of some of the run.

ahbosch

Here are some logs from my car:

JB4, Full intake, Turbo outlet pipe, 200 Cell Cat Downpipe, running E85 fuel mix with 93 Premium 50/50 mix.

did a pull in 3rd to fourth.

Map Settings:

Tweak the settings a few times as I was getting timing pulls.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
@George

Good numbers!! Very impressive. Can you get his MAP 6 setting he was running ? Also did he have the car dyno'd by any chance ?

You can plot the map 6 settings by looking at the pink line.
We not ones for dyno's as its pretty far from real road conditions which we prefer to tune for but I would imagine this car is at around 360whp in this trim.