GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 iPhone 6 Connection with VW Cable

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, I will admit that I don't really know a lot about this since my Android is always connected via Bluetooth, but my used 2015 GTI came with the cable to connect an iPhone via Lightning connector. My wife has an iPhone 6, so I figured it was a good way for her to connect to the car without having to switch Bluetooth sources all the time.

When we connect the phone though, it just keeps going through a cycle of connecting and then disconnecting. It only stays connected for about 3-5 seconds at most before disconnecting and then repeating the cycle.

We've tried both with the case on her phone and off to make sure the Lightning connector is seated all the way; no difference.

I'm guessing either the port or the cable is broken, but I wanted to ask here to make sure there wasn't some special step I was missing.

Thanks in advance!

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Wait until the radio fully boots up before plugging in the phone. Typically I wait a few seconds after I see temperature and such on the screen

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks, everyone. Totally forgot I made this thread haha. I'll snap a photo of the cable next time I'm in the car. No idea where it came from as it was in the glove box when I bought it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
OP, do you have the green collared connector or white? White won't work. You need green.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5856
Yup. As you expected. Is it even worth it to try to sell this cable since I have no use for it? I guess we will just continue to switch between BT sources haha.