GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with boss 500 kit tuning

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
I'm at a loss here, had the kit tuned by um, was told the car was in limp mode due to the waste gate not being adjusted properly and that it wasn't holding boost, drove back to Reno had a shop do the job and was told that the wastegate was adjusted correctly, and is operating at what um says is correct, car is also boosting as it should, but once it does it goes into limp mode and throws an epc light. No leaks or anything of the sort, any ideas? Could it be spark plugs, I haven't changed them since the stock turbo blew, also thinking it could be the CTS bov.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Also it was suggested that maybe when the tune was flashed, that parameters were not set for the ECU to accept the boost amount, but this doesn't seem likely because I assume these are things that would be part of the flash as a whole, if that makes sense.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
What is the code for your EPC light? Is it for over-boost?

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
That's what I'm told, waiting for a call back my local shop is trying to get more info from them

RevNHard

Problem with new hardware and software is that we are the guinea pigs. The only big turbo kit out there worth considering is the Iroz kit, however to do it right it's going to break the bank. I am thinking in about 3 4 years from now, there will be much more goodies for our cars. I want to go IE bottom end with their future intake manifold, Iroz turbo kit and their fuel kit. Then port and polish the heads with some high lift cams. Until, there's a big enough market, these guys won't put the r&d into it. I will just keep waiting till then. For now, I'm waiting on my is38 to be rebuilt by Frankenturbo.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Problem with new hardware and software is that we are the guinea pigs. The only big turbo kit out there worth considering is the Iroz kit, however to do it right it's going to break the bank. I am thinking in about 3 4 years from now, there will be much more goodies for our cars. I want to go IE bottom end with their future intake manifold, Iroz turbo kit and their fuel kit. Then port and polish the heads with some high lift cams. Until, there's a big enough market, these guys won't put the r&d into it. I will just keep waiting till then. For now, I'm waiting on my is38 to be rebuilt by Frankenturbo.
Kits running great, it was just a simple electric adjustment and miscommunication between shops.