GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need catch can ?

limited_explorer

Passed Driver's Ed
i have stage3 golf r so maybe its good to put catch can? ...i see somewhere i dont remember where catch can is not vero good because its take the same pcv system than oem one ....

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

Car comes with a built in catch can. If you feel the stock pcv system is not sufficient, run an inline catch can, and see if it catches anything.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
in reality you dont need it unless you are tracking your car and in any case you are stage 3 so it couldnt hurt but in reality it is not needed with this generation car

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Vendors on the forum will tell you about the many wonders their snake oil lined catch cans will do to our engines... you dont need it. And the comment about intake valves, it's all relative to your driving style and location, and all these direct injection engines will need a cleaning no matter how much money you burn on overpriced cans.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The Fed,
PCV doesn't cause the deposits. (can contribute to them). Main cause of deposits is combustion byproducts floating around the valves when the car is shut off. Once temps cool down, they settle on the valves. No way to remove them outside of Italian tune ups, or walnut blasting. (or some sort of injection)