GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS DSG DQ250 MQB clutch calibration and reset

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I didn't mean to imply you should have a warning, just that it would be difficult to do here. Too much traffic during the day, too many drunks at night.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I didn't mean to imply you should have a warning, just that it would be difficult to do here. Too much traffic during the day, too many drunks at night.

Difficult, nay impossible unless you have a runway or closed track. I don't think that needs to be stated and restated.

I'm not doubting what the process is (though I would love to see some VW tech docs regarding it), the whole point of "calibration" is that the computer is going to reset pressures, clearances and tolerances based on the actual status and condition of the gearbox. That's more of a response to your questioning why APR isn't including this as part of the TCU tune.

I suppose it'd be beneficial if you did this calibration on a dyno at your tuner's shop when needed, though it shouldn't be needed often like A3SBQ has said.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi guys.
The calibration steps/procedure is described directly on to the dealer tool computer VAS. There is no written document for me to show you..

Regards the dealer that is flashing with the tuned sw. I can understand this is not something they do offer normally. Hence it is not necessary at normal.
I know several people on the Mk6 and mk7 platform with APR sw not needed to recalibrate the DSG. But I am not sure why I needed it... It might have Been due to bad calibration before the APR sw was flashed and the more aggressive sw made everything more noticeable...

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
This is the procedure I went through . . .

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E)

I followed those directions and while it did make a difference with the shifting, my odd behavior with weird shifts came back after about 1K miles. But, as you can see . . . the procedure is a little different AFTER you reset everything.

I'm going to be resetting everything again and this time doing it on a Dyno (if that's even possible to do seeing as I've never known anyone to run on a dyno for 10 minutes.) or hidden stretch of highway at 2AM :)

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Our DSG is different. It's called 09E if I am not mistaken.
The Ross tech is only referring to mk6 DSG and older...

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Really? I thought the DSG in the A3 was the same as the GTI/R? That's weird.

Nah I'm pretty sure that's a mistake. Our Mk7 DSG boxes are still 02E by part number, and are still referred to as a DQ250 by series. I think there are variations in mechatronics from MK6 to MK7, and there are definitely gear ratio differences between FWD and AWD applications, but otherwise they are the "same".

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Yes the DQ250 is the same exception to the gearing I am told. But mechatronic is different sw wize. Hence vcds procedures is different. Rosstech confirmed this on there for..