GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Golf Wolfsburg (Manual)

mpuk

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an order for a 5-speed Golf Wolfsburg. There seem be none available anywhere in the US right now.

Given i'm ordering and could be waiting for a few months - what is the tactic people are using to negotiate? I've got a verbal from my sales guy here in the midwest that he'll give me his "invoice" cost (about $21500) and any incentives such as the loyalty bonus or dealer cash that might exist when I take delivery.

If there was one on the lot today - he was saying he'd be taking another $2000 or so off, and out the door cost with taxes and fees was +/- $21500.

Does this sound like a fair deal? Thoughts?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Anyone can get invoice, usually.

SCCA discount (join for just $40 I think?), for example, is $500 under invoice automatically + whatever incentives/rebates they are offering

OR if you need the VW discount ($500 under invoice price), let me know & I can get it for you for free too

You can do better

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just a quick search reveals 3 (the 4th listed as Wolfsburg, but is actually an S) within 400 miles of Chicago, closest being a black one in Livonia.
Lowest price looks like $18500 (+$495 doc fee) Looks like that doesn't include $1000 Loyalty though, but is far away. Sure you can use for negotiation purposes.

mpuk

Anyone can get invoice, usually.

SCCA discount (join for just $40 I think?), for example, is $500 under invoice automatically + whatever incentives/rebates they are offering

OR if you need the VW discount ($500 under invoice price), let me know & I can get it for you for free too

You can do better

Thanks! I looked at the SCCA discount, but according to the site - says that the benefit gets you one car per year at VW dealer invoice pricing, which seems to be pretty easy to get without a membership to the SCCA.

How can you get the VW $500 under invoice price? I'd love for you to pass that along if possible!

mpuk

Just a quick search reveals 3 (the 4th listed as Wolfsburg, but is actually an S) within 400 miles of Chicago, closest being a black one in Livonia.
Lowest price looks like $18500 (+$495 doc fee) Looks like that doesn't include $1000 Loyalty though, but is far away. Sure you can use for negotiation purposes.

Thanks. What are you using to search? I can't find a black on black manual Wolfsburg anywhere...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Black seems to be the rarest color in the new golf/gti.
Looks pretty good though.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Any updates?

mpuk

Nothing was available, so I just went ahead with the order from a local dealer. Got news last week that it's built and in transit and should be arriving by the end of the month :)

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Our (USA) 2017 Golf Wolfsburg 5M took exactly 11 Weeks from date of order to the date it arrived at the Dealer.

Last edited: