GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clean Ya @$$ - Official Badge/Wiper Delete Thread

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Just did mine today. $23 for the heat gun, $2 for fishing line, $10 for some scratch remover and it came out great after a good wash.

And now I have a heat gun for when I install the All-fit lip and scratch remover for the nicks in the paint i get from all my highway driving :)

Kill that wiper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Kill that wiper!

I personally like the rear wiper. I've never owned a car before that it actually works so i'm pretty happy to use it when I can haha

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I personally like the rear wiper. I've never owned a car before that it actually works so i'm pretty happy to use it when I can haha

Hey if you find it useful. I live down in Florida and I never have a need to use it so that why I got rid of it.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I like having a rear wiper as I look out of it often.(been rear-ended a lot in my life by drunk aholes) I am however debating on removing the fender badging, as my wash mitts keep getting caught on the leading edge, tired of working around it, and I am getting the car covered in PPF and need to decide before than if I want to or not. Hashing it around.

g60dude

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if there are any entry level Golfs offered somewhere in the world that didn't come with a rear wiper? If so, did they come with a plug, or a rear window with no hole in it. I know with the Mk3's, parts of the world had Golfs with no rear wiper and there are a handful of people here in the States that have sourced those windows to do their wiper delete. I like the rear wiper delete, just don't like the plug. To me, it's obvious something is missing.

ogrisker

Ready to race!
Badge removed, next goes useless wiper

Attachments

• 20181106_095344.jpg
    20181106_095344.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 644

Tsi7

Ready to race!
I actually find my rear wiper extremely useful especially in the winter so I never understood the whole delete thing...but hey to each their own

What the back looks like now

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I like to wave to people with it after I pass them.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Love this thread!

I have the SpeedTech Glass Plug sitting on my desk but am still unsure if I'm gonna miss the rear wiper or not. But I'm in love with the clean/shaven look however.

Also... debating the GTI badge. Probably will kill the rear one and keep the side and fronts.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Love this thread!

I have the SpeedTech Glass Plug sitting on my desk but am still unsure if I'm gonna miss the rear wiper or not. But I'm in love with the clean/shaven look however.

I'm having the same thoughts. I ordered an APR one...and with all the rain we've been getting in So Cal...not sure I want to get rid of my rear wiper...but I really like the look of the clean rear end. Who knows...it might be one of those things that if I don't use...I won't really miss. I just might end up waiting till all the rain stops to install it.

mk.7.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, so my buddy installed the Kill All Wiper delete kit on my car but put it on from the front so it’s not flush. I want to remove and install the proper way (not sure the residue will clean off properly on the delete kit), we tried popping it out with some force but it didn’t come out. I have tint on the window so didn’t want to use heat - any other recommendations? Thanks :)

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hey, so my buddy installed the Kill All Wiper delete kit on my car but put it on from the front so it’s not flush. I want to remove and install the proper way (not sure the residue will clean off properly on the delete kit), we tried popping it out with some force but it didn’t come out. I have tint on the window so didn’t want to use heat - any other recommendations? Thanks :)

If it’s attached using rubber cement/silicon based glue just stop by a hardware store and buy some Contractors Solvent, you can it in spray bottles. Spray some in there and tilt the hatch so it can soak for 30s-1min. Then you should be able to pop it out. I redid mine and that’s how I removed the old piece originally.