GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Change Oil Analysis

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
In DE they fill them with 5w-30 for all markets including EU region (they say). Don't know what they use in MX, perhaps the same...

/Peter

tkoo

Good eyes, though, I had provided them the 5w-30 number as that is what I thought the factory fill was.

They do no check for viscosity in the analysis.

I should have my second analysis soon for the change in did at 10,500.

Any updates on this? Looking to start using AMSOIL Euro 5w40 in mine :)

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Very interested and appreciative. I may check BlackStone out as well since my local stores stopped carrying the recommended weight but still have vw spec options.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Any new sample results to post? I'm sending mine off to blackstone today.

Kay

You should read what I said before.

There is no break in. There even is no test run besides the dry run I mentioned.

The first real run with fuel is when the finished car leaves the production line.

And btw, at least all the European market EA888 (GTI & R) engines are made
at the Audi plant in Györ/Hungary.

Sorry - i thought i should chime in here seeing as just earlier this year i did a tour of the Wolfsburg plant whilst on holiday.

Each and every car after being assembled is put onto a dyno to check running and electricals. During this, the technician absolutely rings the engine, redlining it several times and going down through the gears with heavy engine breaking straight off the production line. I asked the tour guide and he said the car will end up with somewhere between 10 - 15km on the odometer following the testing.

Considering the main idea behind "breaking in" an engine is to seal the piston rings against the cylinder bores and wear them smooth, the 10 - 15km of hard running each car gets will honestly do 90% of the job. So the engines are pretty much broken in from factory. They don't however do an oil change after this - just stick them straight onto the train.

So, sorry, but you're just completely wrong.

For anyone interesting, you should definitely do the tour of the plant if you find yourself in Germany. It takes about 2 hours and is super interesting (and free!).

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Now this is the kind of stuff I like seeing. Good post and thanks for sharing. I too was considering doing this after my first change. Getting it tested that is. I was actually going to do it this weekend. I am only at about 1500mi however, seeing this makes me want to wait a bit longer I guess. I only started driving it somewhat aggressive after the first 1000mi. I was going to change it with factory fill this weekend, then use my one free service I have at 5,000mi. Then at 10k switch to Amsoil and start going the full 10k like I always did in my TDI.