GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
drrck

Drives: 2015 GTI PP/SE/LP
Okay, so I can't tell much from those logs. You need to add more details, and what would be ideal is a run from 2500 to 6000 RPM in 3rd gear at wide open throttle.

Here's an example of standard logging parameters.

http://datazap.me/u/drrck82/ed-15-ad...ata=1-7-8-9-10
Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #19
rafycotto

Drives: Golf .:R MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerito View Post
Did some logs. Not an expert on this,but here we go...

Pleas go to this folder to read the logs... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5mz8g7mi...58WdIjjNa?dl=0
R u catted? happened to me and was the honey from the catalytic broken. Was blocking the air flow. so i went catless.
/ 2015 Golf .:R / ED Maestro Base / ED DSG TCU Tune / K&N Drop Filter / CTS Inlet Pipe / Snow Performance W/M 210 Kit / Spulen Throttle Pipe / USP DP Catless / 034 DogBone Insert / H&R Spring / 19' Centara Vanti HP /
rafycotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:49 AM   #20
sokerito

Drives: 2016 GTI S DSG 4Drs. w/o LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafycotto View Post
R u catted? happened to me and was the honey from the catalytic broken. Was blocking the air flow. so i went catless.
I'm catless
sokerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #21
sokerito

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrck View Post
Okay, so I can't tell much from those logs. You need to add more details, and what would be ideal is a run from 2500 to 6000 RPM in 3rd gear at wide open throttle.

Here's an example of standard logging parameters.

http://datazap.me/u/drrck82/ed-15-ad...ata=1-7-8-9-10

Please check if this is better: https://datazap.me/u/sokerito/gti-lo...-6-7-8-9-10-11
Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #22
drrck

Drives: 2015 GTI PP/SE/LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokerito View Post

I don't see overall timing advance but individual corrections look good.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #23
jovian

Drives: 2016 GTI
Dealer had flashed me back to stock during a brake job. If you have brought it to the dealer verify your flash is truely still active.

Also getting Specified vs Actual boost would be two good ones to record. Then we can see if the car is requesting higher boost or its actually not getting to the requested amount.
jovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
sergemcgraw83

Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian View Post
Dealer had flashed me back to stock during a brake job. If you have brought it to the dealer verify your flash is truely still active.
Dealer really helped you slow down that day
2016 Golf 1.8T TSI Comfortline w/ LP & CP - Manual 5 Speed - Platinum Grey | 17" Tronics w/ Spacers | APR 91 Stage I | DG Springs | 034 Insert V2 | Resonator Delete | CDV Delete & Clutch Stop | deAutoKey LED Interior/Reverse/Plate | GTI Side skirts | Maxton Design Front Cup Lip | 35% Front/Rear Tint | OBDeleven | Recaro Performance SPORT Baby Car Seat
sergemcgraw83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #25
dr_mk7_il

Drives: 16 GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovian View Post
I'm wondering if you're running catless and dealer flashed back to stock.. how did you not get a CEL for cat efficiency?
Are you running a spacer on the rear o2 sensor?
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #26
sokerito

I still have the stage 2 file. I did more logs and the specified vs actual boost varies. Sometimes its as requested, but based on the info Revo gives, the boost is running low. So whatever its wrong, i think the ecu is trying to protect the engine.
Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM   #27
sokerito

What I dont understand is why the car runs and boosts just fine when engine is cool (overnight) after the second wot pull, the car begings to drop boost and if feels like the engine is forced down.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #28
0bLiViOuS

Drives: 2016 GTI SE PP 6MT
It could be IATs? I check the logs and the overall logging resolution kinda sucks so you see multiple corrections in cylinders but that goes over a few hundred RPM. That would by my guess on why boost is getting cut. First run goes up fine and you see corrections happening then actual versus request off. The second log is closer. Request goes up as it spools then it matches it fine until you stop. 3rd is the same as the 1st run. You have almost -4 correction in all cylinders at ~5000rpm so boost is cut.

Tune is too aggressive for your fuel you're running. Throw in some corn if available
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
1991 Honda's CRX HF
0bLiViOuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #29
Roh Echt

Drives: mk5 gti
I'm thinking PCV...have you checked it?
Roh Echt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #30
sokerito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roh Echt View Post
I'm thinking PCV...have you checked it?
No, I havent. How can I tell if its damaged?
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #31
sokerito

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bLiViOuS View Post
It could be IATs? I check the logs and the overall logging resolution kinda sucks so you see multiple corrections in cylinders but that goes over a few hundred RPM. That would by my guess on why boost is getting cut. First run goes up fine and you see corrections happening then actual versus request off. The second log is closer. Request goes up as it spools then it matches it fine until you stop. 3rd is the same as the 1st run. You have almost -4 correction in all cylinders at ~5000rpm so boost is cut.

Tune is too aggressive for your fuel you're running. Throw in some corn if available
Whats supposed to be a goo IAT? What could cause this? IC? I have a CTS Turbo Direct fit IC
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #32
0bLiViOuS

Drives: 2016 GTI SE PP 6MT
Ok probably just too aggressive for your fuel then if you have an IC. Do you have access to e85?
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
1991 Honda's CRX HF
0bLiViOuS is offline   Reply With Quote