GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Boosting

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
It could be IATs? I check the logs and the overall logging resolution kinda sucks so you see multiple corrections in cylinders but that goes over a few hundred RPM. That would by my guess on why boost is getting cut. First run goes up fine and you see corrections happening then actual versus request off. The second log is closer. Request goes up as it spools then it matches it fine until you stop. 3rd is the same as the 1st run. You have almost -4° correction in all cylinders at ~5000rpm so boost is cut.

Tune is too aggressive for your fuel you're running. Throw in some corn if available

Whats supposed to be a goo IAT? What could cause this? IC? I have a CTS Turbo Direct fit IC

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ok probably just too aggressive for your fuel then if you have an IC. Do you have access to e85?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
To figure this out two distinctions must be made with the car: is the lack in boost pressure also a >3 deviation in your actual vs. requested boost pressure? You can of course log this and overlay the two graphs to see. If there is a deviation that hints toward leak somewhere in your system on the engine side of things(before turbo outlet).

If they are the same then Gregg's is right, the ecu is getting involved and cutting boost. This could be from a multitude of factors but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts it has something to do with that new ic. My two cents. Good luck man.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Did you install ic after stage two flash? You can also try resetting (kind of) by disc negative terminal and reconnecting. This has solved a similar issue I had on a different car. If that fails and you still can't find it try a reflash, you never know.

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you install ic after stage two flash? You can also try resetting (kind of) by disc negative terminal and reconnecting. This has solved a similar issue I had on a different car. If that fails and you still can't find it try a reflash, you never know.

I already had the IC when I flashed the stage 2. It's had been a year since I flashed. It was working just fine until one night I decided to launch the car.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I already had the IC when I flashed the stage 2. It's had been a year since I flashed. It was working just fine until one night I decided to launch the car.

General rule of thumb with high psi cars: If the problem can be tied to a specific instance, it's more than likely LEAK. xD

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Yes. Expensive af tho.
It may be worth it one time to help diagnose. Put in 3 gallons and re-log. If the car hits higher boost you know it's bas gas/aggressive tune related. But if it's still under boosting, you most likely have a leak to find.

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE: checked for leaks and found non. All clamps were tight,pcv is ok, turbo seems fine except we did a little adjustment on the wastegate. It performed better when cold, but after a few pulls, the power loss comes again. Two techs have checked my car and havent found the issue. They took some logs again and noticed the car look "fine" in the computer, but they also notice the power loss and see the boost drops on both boostgaugues I have installed.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Im going through something similar....im thinking i might try cleaning map sensor...if it works, ill buy a new one

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE: Checked for leaks and found none, PCV was OK, IC seems clean on both sides.

I'm in the point where I'm considering removing everything and leave it stock.