GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs John Cooper Works Mini

Anchorjaw

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys so I'm going to be doing a run against this guy with a JCW Mini with some bolt ons. I'm on the MAP stage 2 file and I'll probably have my CTS FMIC installed before I go up against him what do you think?

UPDATE: Finally got around to editing the dashcam footage from my buddy's car so here it is. WARNING! Audio is terrible because he had the windows down so all you hear is mostly wind noise.
Also I was lifting on all the turns since I was unfamiliar with the area and not too confident with my stock tires.

https://youtu.be/mbfH8DTP00I

Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
You should smoke him big time. Specially from a 40 or 60mp/h roll.

Anchorjaw

Passed Driver's Ed
My biggest problem will be traction as I'm still on stock tires

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Just ease into it before you floor it. You'll walk

Anchorjaw

Passed Driver's Ed
Video upload bump

Zx2man

Ready to race!
?? Scratching my head on this one. Understood on the turns u wanted to be cautious. But on the pulls where u had some decent straightaway, you struggle to pull on him. Except one run where was HE even racing.
IDK.. get your tune figured out. Hes what 250 whp? Curb weight is close between 2 cars. I uploaded the vid figuring you would rape him.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm a little confused on this one. I would think the GTI would have at least a 50whp advantage

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys racing in Shadow Hills? Does he want to line up with me? I'm from that area and if that's where i think it is... all my test n tune runs happen on that straight away... i can easily hit about 120 before having to slow down :p

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Love to see a re race. Just stick with a straight away. Old fashion sushi roll 3 honks go. You should DESTROY him. Newer jcw minis are putting down 205-215 whp. Speed module adds 40hp according to Neuspeed.
Proper stage 2 gti is 300 whp easy all day long. Go fuck him up.

Mk7GTI..... LOL. You are a maestro tuned is38 running meth fbo.
That be a waste of time for you. Maybe hitch a trailer with a boat then race.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Mk7GTI..... LOL. You are a maestro tuned is38 running meth fbo.
That be a waste of time for you. Maybe hitch a trailer with a boat then race.

Just for fun... ill shift at 5000 rpm :p

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
?? Scratching my head on this one. Understood on the turns u wanted to be cautious. But on the pulls where u had some decent straightaway, you struggle to pull on him. Except one run where was HE even racing.
IDK.. get your tune figured out. Hes what 250 whp? Curb weight is close between 2 cars. I uploaded the vid figuring you would rape him.

:confused: MCS is about 300-400lbs lighter