GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 kills and one prob loss

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
First was a Speed6 must have been big turbo. I gave him the hit the first time and I was in the wrong gear. He instantly pulled half a car and then I reeled him in and stayed ahead of him by half a car. Second run I was in the right gear and pulled 2 cars but thats where he hung. I am thinking he was big turbo.

Second was a c6 vette. He had a car lead when he nailed it. I slowly reeled him in and passed him. He was disappointed.

Third was a 6th gen Camaro SS. That thing sounded mean and it was fast. We had 3 races total. He couldn't hook on the first because it was a bit damp. Second race was probably the best. I think he still had traction issues so I pulled on him but he started reeling me in. I was just too far ahead. Third race he hooked while I had 0 traction. He pulled and kept on pulling. It was a fast car!

There was a 4th race but none of us hooked so we just gave up. I am 100% sure if it was dry he would have destroyed me.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Those camaro's are very fast and underrated compared to the previous generations! I have no doubt a stock one would pull on a bolted IS38 or just hang right there especially with the auto 8 speed. Good kill though on the other runs..

Last edited:

WHY_GTI1

Ready to race!
I had one of those 6th gen Camaros pull pretty hard on me once we hit higher speeds.

Um stage 2 golf r
Intake DP IC dsg

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Those camaro's are very fast and underrated compared to the previous generations! I have no doubt a stock one would pull on a bolted IS38 or just hang right there especially with the auto 8 speed. Good kill though on the other runs..

Yeah it be close. They usually run 1-2 mph slower trap 1/4 mile vs the c7.
Unitronic? Probably.. but a good cobb /maestro tuned is38 gti should pull on a stock camaro gen 6.

Nice kill on the c6. And coming from mazdaspeed land i can tell you that ms6 was certainly running a aftermarket turbo.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Yeah it be close. They usually run 1-2 mph slower trap 1/4 mile vs the c7.
Unitronic? Probably.. but a good cobb /maestro tuned is38 gti should pull on a stock camaro gen 6.

Nice kill on the c6. And coming from mazdaspeed land i can tell you that ms6 was certainly running a aftermarket turbo.

A stock 6th gen should be an easy kill for a 5150 is38 car, my 5150 is20 car beat a couple stock 6th gen SS's from a roll. Willing to bet the 6th gen he ran was bolt on and tuned.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
A stock 6th gen should be an easy kill for a 5150 is38 car, my 5150 is20 car beat a couple stock 6th gen SS's from a roll. Willing to bet the 6th gen he ran was bolt on and tuned.

I agree with everything you said til the ms6.
I lived n breathed ms3/6 for 3 years. If the op is running a solid 5150 tune on his is38, hes making what? 360-380 whp?

Ms6 was a awd heavier sedan version of the ms3. That stock ko4 runs out of breath above 300 whp. Port n polish it, run some meth and maybe 330 whp.
Ms6 guys always had to make more power to beat us ms3 guys on a roll. Your avg cobb protune 2871 ms6 was only making 320-340whp 19-22psi

Just MY opinion. Been wrong before, but if that cobb 5150 tune can pull good on stock gen 6 camaro, a bolt on ms6 isnt gonna keep up.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I agree with everything you said til the ms6.
I lived n breathed ms3/6 for 3 years. If the op is running a solid 5150 tune on his is38, hes making what? 360-380 whp?

Ms6 was a awd heavier sedan version of the ms3. That stock ko4 runs out of breath above 300 whp. Port n polish it, run some meth and maybe 330 whp.
Ms6 guys always had to make more power to beat us ms3 guys on a roll. Your avg cobb protune 2871 ms6 was only making 320-340whp 19-22psi

Just MY opinion. Been wrong before, but if that cobb 5150 tune can pull good on stock gen 6 camaro, a bolt on ms6 isnt gonna keep up.

I think you may have misread my post, I was talking about the Camaro being bolt on/tune, not the speed 6.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Oh lol. Retard moment on me. Nevermind Ian. Carry on lol

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Stock Gen 6 Camaro traps 115ish. So Ian might be right about bolt ons, car did sound loud. I was able to pull on the c6 vette which stock they trap around 117 or so. He could have been bolted.
If we remove traction issue races out of the equation the one we hooked I pulled on him but he was catching up top.

The Speed6 yes it did sound like a big turbo because it was sucking in air like crazy.