GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 Subaru STI Nicely Modded - Perfect DD!

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Nice STI. Currently own a 2011 STI, will be selling in spring once my R gets here. Try psting also on IWSTI...I haven't heard of any R owners moving back to an STI; only the opposite (like you and I). I think car would gain more interest stock with a lower price point; mods don't add more value to buyers, they look at the car, year and price and compare to new in this case. You can probably get a few G's from selling rims/tires and other mods, and get the STI sold quicker at the lower price point.

Good luck with the sale!

Rfreak86

Nice STI. Currently own a 2011 STI, will be selling in spring once my R gets here. Try psting also on IWSTI...I haven't heard of any R owners moving back to an STI; only the opposite (like you and I). I think car would gain more interest stock with a lower price point; mods don't add more value to buyers, they look at the car, year and price and compare to new in this case. You can probably get a few G's from selling rims/tires and other mods, and get the STI sold quicker at the lower price point.

Good luck with the sale!

I appreciate it. Yes I agree as I have sold quite a few modded cars in the past. Easier to sell stock, but I'm at the point where i've only had the STI for a short while and enjoy it in it's current state. I am not in a rush to sell this so posted it up just to see if there was any interest. I am on both Nasioc and iwsti (scoobyfreak86 and stifreak86).

My last 13 WRX I sold it modified. I took the same approach to how I took this car. Practical and quailty mods. Someone came along and appreciated my time and effort and I feel this will be the same with this car.

Either way, I'll be getting into a golf r at some point, but not in too much of a rush.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
I appreciate it. Yes I agree as I have sold quite a few modded cars in the past. Easier to sell stock, but I'm at the point where i've only had the STI for a short while and enjoy it in it's current state. I am not in a rush to sell this so posted it up just to see if there was any interest. I am on both Nasioc and iwsti (scoobyfreak86 and stifreak86).

My last 13 WRX I sold it modified. I took the same approach to how I took this car. Practical and quailty mods. Someone came along and appreciated my time and effort and I feel this will be the same with this car.

Either way, I'll be getting into a golf r at some point, but not in too much of a rush.

cool. A friend of mine just sold his 2012 STI with all mods (quite a few actually) and was mint (he detailed it a few times per month) for around $30K, and like you said a buyer came along and gave him asking price for it as-is, so I know it does happen but more rare. He got an M2 and man does that thing go! Mine is very lightly modified (stock engine, never tuned but some rims/tires, sound system upgrades, sway bars, short shift kit) and I will sell as-is because it's too time consuming to take off everything (except maybe sway bars since I have a buyer) hopefully will get my price so I have lots to put down onthe R. These cars are relatively rare around here too and so they hold their value rpetty well.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Good luck with the sale man, that is a siiick STI, hoping the next version coming out will finally switch out the ancient 2.5 engine and/or finally make improvements to it. I came from a EVOX, and as much as i loved that car, I actually like my GTI better in almost every way.

Rfreak86

Good luck with the sale man, that is a siiick STI, hoping the next version coming out will finally switch out the ancient 2.5 engine and/or finally make improvements to it. I came from a EVOX, and as much as i loved that car, I actually like my GTI better in almost every way.

Thanks bud, I appreciate it. Yeah, in 2020 the new motor will be in the STI. Excited to hear what they do with it. Should be a really fun car once it's out. The 15+ update in terms of quality was a big step up. I owned a 13 WRX and coming from that, the new chassis is worlds better. Materials used and overall quality is just much better. I hope they continue to move up the scale and make it on par with some of the other competitive brands out there.

I still love the EJ motor, even though it's old technology. Still a TON of fun and there is so much aftermarket support, it's crazy. Although, I am not a number seeker and prefer my cars stock or slightly modded (performance wise). I like to keep that peace of mind over my head.

Either way, I appreciate the comments.