GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Input on “mild” tune options for daily driver

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have 37,000 miles tuned APR HT on the stock clutch. How you drive makes all the difference. 46,000 miles total on the car and I'm either hard on the car, or baby it. It's the inbetween that'll make it slip. Don't lug it don't and pull boost from a low rpm/high load and its fine.

I'm still gonna do a DKM twin disk, but getting all the mileage out of the stock unit first. I drive 25k+ miles a year so it matters to me. Others, will swap out a brand new clutch. No wrong way to do it

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
I have 37,000 miles tuned APR HT on the stock clutch. How you drive makes all the difference. 46,000 miles total on the car and I'm either hard on the car, or baby it. It's the inbetween that'll make it slip. Don't lug it don't and pull boost from a low rpm/high load and its fine.

I'm still gonna do a DKM twin disk, but getting all the mileage out of the stock unit first. I drive 25k+ miles a year so it matters to me. Others, will swap out a brand new clutch. No wrong way to do it

Exactly use your gears!if u was in a 10 speed push bike and was in too high a gear it would take more effort (torque)same as pulling from 30 to 70 in 5 or sixth more torque need hence clutch wear use 3rd instead.
Also more fun.
I know stage 2 cars still on standard clutch
Holding up just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
fwiw the Dinan module is a Black Friday special at Modbargains for $136.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto