Car(s)
All the MQBs
I'm going to message you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flip7

Ready to race!
E30 AFR

hi Ian and all,

With my limited testing and understanding of the tuning please help me understand what should be a reasonable AFR under medium-high load for E30?

I see MY AFR in the 13.x - isn't this too lean for E30 mix?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Not at all. In fact, these cars in stock form run 14.7 AFR's all the way up to about 5k RPM. These E888 engines do seem to run a bit leaner than your "average" gas engine, but totally normal.

hi Ian and all,

With my limited testing and understanding of the tuning please help me understand what should be a reasonable AFR under medium-high load for E30?

I see MY AFR in the 13.x - isn't this too lean for E30 mix?

flip7

Ready to race!
Not at all. In fact, these cars in stock form run 14.7 AFR's all the way up to about 5k RPM. These E888 engines do seem to run a bit leaner than your "average" gas engine, but totally normal.
I think that is true for pure gas. Stoich for gas is 14.7
For E30 is less. To what I understand the wideband O2 sensor and ecu knows to relate to 14.7

The SET afr read by AP is almost always set to 14.7

You mind running this through Brian and give us confirmation that what we are seeing is normal?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Absolutely. I don't think Brian is in until Tuesday, but certainly will get his take on this.

I think that is true for pure gas. Stoich for gas is 14.7
For E30 is less. To what I understand the wideband O2 sensor and ecu knows to relate to 14.7

The SET afr read by AP is almost always set to 14.7

You mind running this through Brian and give us confirmation that what we are seeing is normal?

GTIcwMK5

Ready to race!
very interesting subject on running full e85. if this becomes a open beta I would love to try it out, e85 is common in my area., IAN let me know!!!!

flip7

Ready to race!
How do you like this map?
I like it, it pulls very nice.
I put it on the side for now, as temperatures dropped in TX and tire traction got affected.

I may resurrect it when weather gets better and new tires.

Side note:
I would also like better support from Ian and Brian. (I admired George's support and advice when on JB1)