GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Kosei K8Rs in 17x8 et45. According to tirerack are 16.5 lbs.

Any spacers? Tire specs?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Any spacers? Tire specs?

5mm in the rear. I'm thinking of going 10mm in rear and 5mm in the front because I think there is room for it but haven't decided on it yet.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
5mm in the rear. I'm thinking of going 10mm in rear and 5mm in the front because I think there is room for it but haven't decided on it yet.

Don’t! Looks [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hi buddy have you had any problems with your centre caps?
Not rly. I accidentally peelwd the OZ carbon fiber looking stick cap of one but the rest are fine.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

gopi_rm

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys I am driving 2016 Golf 7 Estate 1.4 TSI 125 PS with all season tyres (205/55 R16) in Linas alloy. But I am not happy with the tyre noise and grip on wet roads as well as I am not a fan of Linas alloy. So I am planning to buy a new set of alloy and summer tyres. I will mount the winter tyres on the Linas alloy.
I don't know much about tyre upgrade size, tyre & alloy brands. So please guide me.

• Alloys: I would like to buy sporty black alloys. Which light weight alloy do you guys recommend? and 17" or 18"?
  • Wheels: What is correct 17" or 18" wheel size to upgrade from 205/55 R16 for my Golf? Which summer tyre do you recommend with good grip, less road noise, good FE and long life duration (since I will switch to winter tyres during winter)?

Please give your suggestions.

CA-GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Tsw Bathurst 18x8.5 et43 weighing 18-19 lbs each wearing 225 pss

Update: been a year on these wheels and I have really put them through their paces. Taken some big hits and took them like a champ. The finish is also impeccable, they seem to have some sort of coating on them that makes them super easy to clean, they also hide brake dust really well.