GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door card removal

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I'm trying to remove my door cards.
5 door, i'm working on a rear door, i've removed the nuts no probelm and unlocked the catch in the puddle light.
Had no problem finding info online but the problem is my rear doors have a window winder, they aren't electric like the info i find online.
So i'm wondering if there's anything in the winder holding the card to the panel that needs to be removed first?
Or does anybody know how to remove the winder? Again i couldn't find any info on the mk7 winder specifically so i didn't want to attempt pulling incase i damage something.
And just to be safe is there any chance of the window dropping when i remove the winder?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'm trying to remove my door cards.
5 door, i'm working on a rear door, i've removed the nuts no probelm and unlocked the catch in the puddle light.
So i'm wondering if there's anything in the winder holding the card to the panel that needs to be removed first?
Or does anybody know how to remove the winder? And just to be safe is there any chance of the window dropping when i remove the winder?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy wind window fully up or leave at what ever position, but mark/remember/take phot of position for crank/handle...

The section of the crank which is next to the door card (spacer)....grasp & pull/push away in the opposite direction from the handle "bobbing"...only move about 5mm.....then the handle unit will pull of from the metal spindle to the winder mech...then you can remove the trim...

& removing the handle does not mean the glass drops....so can push the handle back on without the trim if need be...

PS If had various winder mechs & glass out on different VAG cars, retro fitted electric ones to an old MK3 which had manual...etc etc