GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feedback on Dealerships - Ottawa

Shue

Hey all, going to be shopping for my first GTI over the next few weeks, and I'm looking to get some feedback on the dealerships in Ottawa. So far, I've heard that Myers in Kanata is one to stay away from, but I haven't heard anything otherwise. Anyone have feedback to share, positive or negative?

Thanks!

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
i bought my 16 used at performance mazda. i tried to buy a new 17 but no dealer seemed to care.
VW outaouais never returned my calls.
HCVW sales manager turned away from me mid conversation to talk to a salesman so i left
vw dealer in port hope never returned my calls after a first conversation about small town dealer small town values. lol
contacted 2 vw dealerships in MTL about ads they had on autotrader. both ads wrong

overall this was the worst car buying experience i have had. i settled on a used 16 gti from performance mazda.
and don’t even get me started on the idiots at southbank dodge when i went and looked at a used 17 R they had.

im sure with the stock available for 18s you should have less hassle then i did.

m00se

Ready to race!
If you'll be buying new, I would check with all the local dealership. If you know what you want and won't budge into buying stupid and overpriced accessories, then you'll be fine. just try and get the best deal you can.

Another thing you can do is send an email to all the local and out of town dealers with the exact car you want and ask them for their best price. Easy way to see who needs sale.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I have only dealt with Bytek on St. Laurent and Taylor Creek in Orleans and only have good things to say about both. Was my first VW purchase but would def repeat (both of those dealerships are part of the same owner so I guess it should be the same experience at either as long as you get a sales person you like).

madelinot

Ready to race!
I have only dealt with Bytek on St. Laurent and Taylor Creek in Orleans and only have good things to say about both. Was my first VW purchase but would def repeat (both of those dealerships are part of the same owner so I guess it should be the same experience at either as long as you get a sales person you like).

Exactly the same for me... I still prefer Taylor Creek so far...

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Hunt club is awesome

Yeah I can't complain either. They ended up giving me 2k over book value on my trade to make the deal, found me the exact car I wanted.