GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ideal smart phone mount for Mk7: Kenu Airframe

Raegar

Ready to race!
I obv. need some educating here, but for the people with MIB2 and therefore Carplay and AA, why need a mount in the first place? Certainly not for GPS, or music, or even texting....

Car monitoring perhaps for JB4 but I thought that could also be done via MirrorLink

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Bought the armless kenu airframe and it’s just excellent. Holds a 7+ with a Case horizontally without a problem. I hated idea of it being mounted, how lame is that. But damn is it nice and the mount looks great when you aren’t using it. Why use it? Because waze is better than maps x1000, and its nice to have the phone away from hands that may want to text. Love it.

Kenu Airframe Magnetic | Magnetic Vent Mount | Universal Cell Phone Holder, Car Mount, Car Accessories for iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, 6/6 Plus, Samsung and Android phones | Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Q5GMV7?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm very happy with mine as well. Very well made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
should have a photo with the phone to see what it looks like

I bought one of those mounts. I had it n for about 2 weeks and then it pulled out while I removed my phone from it. It's got VERY strong magnets. What I noticed is that it had made indents in my dash. I kind of decided I didn't want to take the long term risk and didn't bother reinstalling it.

It took about a week for those indents to disappear completely. If I had that thing in the car for years, I don't know that the dash would return to normal.