GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hyper silver F/R VW emblems...how to approach this?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm a bit hesitant to sand them but may try it if all other options don't work out. My local powdercoater also confirmed that its a no go since they're plastic.

I sent badgeskins an email asking if they can try to mimic a machined color for a badgeskin. I don't mind being the guinea pig on this, luckily its an easy removal if it looks stupid.

Will keep posted.

Just do the black ones they sell. They cover up the chrome nicely.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Let me know if you find anything worthwhile, after putting on my satin silver mirror caps i'm thinking of changing the chrome to a more satin finish as well.

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
So I went with Eurobadgez black/red matte f/r badges. They feel different then the stock chrome badges. Almost a little more durable if I had to describe it. It may be possible that you can buy the simple black ones of the website and paint them yourself or have a body shop air brush them for you. I also know you can strip the pain off them easily too so you can take the paint off and start from scratch (don't ask me why I know this :( )

Attachments

• Car rear.jpg
    Car rear.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 255

SM075180

Ready to race!
Anyone consider sand blasting to a matte finish? Obviously not like industrial crazy stuff but with a light grit? I know next to nothing about materials aside from my old high school glass art class we used a “hobbyist” sandblaster in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherwood

Ready to race!

This was my front and rear badge color of my mk6. I removed both emblems, sanded, 3 coats of spray paint and 2 coats of clear. Lasted 3 years with no problems front and back. The paint was an automotive wheel paint kit I got for like $15, was a hyper black/graphite color.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R

This was my front and rear badge color of my mk6. I removed both emblems, sanded, 3 coats of spray paint and 2 coats of clear. Lasted 3 years with no problems front and back. The paint was an automotive wheel paint kit I got for like $15, was a hyper black/graphite color.

Can you post a closer pic or you no longer have the car? That's what i was thinking of doing but seems like a lot of effort haha.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
That looks great, exactly what I was going for. I took the lazy route and just ordered matte silver badgeskins. Won't look the same but if its good enough I'll just stick with that since its such an easy install (or future removal). Should arrive soon.

If I'm unhappy, they're cheap enough where I won't lose sleep getting rid of them. Going your route will be the next option.

Thanks for sharing.